Hepatitis C Community
Urinating excessively at night
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Urinating excessively at night

Hi, I am new at posting on this site, although I have been appreciating reading people's comments and issues for a couple of weeks.

I am on peg-intron and ribavirin tx, week 20.  For about 3 months I have had to get up a number of times during the night to urinate.  At first I thought it was related to drinking so much water during the day (to help with side effects).  But lately I haven't been drinking much water later in the day, and have still been passing about 7 to 9 cups of water at night (8 hrs).

I saw my Dr about the urination problem: he ordered both a blood test and a urine test, and also did a prostate check (bummer).  Tests showed only some white cells in the urine, which Dr said is not likely to be infection, although we will check it again.

My Dr doesn't know why I would be passing so much urine at night, especially if I cut down water intake later in the day.  Does anybody else have experience with this issue?

Your courage in the face of these terrible problems has kept me going.