Hepatitis C Community
Urine Color

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Urine Color

Anyone ever experience very dark colored urine?  I'm just finished with tx (daily shot of infergen & riba)and at first I just thought it was because I've backed off the huge intake of water (the color was VERY pale due to all the water I drank)now its almost neon yellow in comparsion - bit too much I think.  I mean a REAL NEON yellow, kinda scary!!  Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hmmm, my other thought it that I don't know who to call - my hep C doctor or my primary.....once tx ends do all symptoms or sx go to your "regular doctor"??
If it isn't one thing it's another! How nerve wracking for you. Maybe drink more water and see if that helps? If it was me I'd call the Heptologist before I called the primary because you are done with treatment however you are still under the Hep's care until your post PCR. Maybe he can run a PCR for you now and do a urine test for you? My urine was never "dark" brown or tea oolored just very dark yellow ( but not neon yelow)before treating and also right after I relapsed. Forsee might have something in her suggestion, some vitamins do alter urine color as do some foods. Please let us know what you find out.
Im no doc so of course consult with them, but do you take Vitamins? B's or C's to be exact? And of course, if I don't drink enough water my pee is pretty colorful...let us know what you find out....
I'd say up your water intake, because your body is used to being really hydrated. And if it is still that color see doctor.
From your story it sounds like dehydration, or as Forsee says, a vitamin thing. The color you don't want to see is dark brown. Always call your doctor when in doubt.
Mine is always neon yellow. I take alot of vitamins. I recently added a few new vitamins and it made it brighter than ever. Your body excretes the vitamins it don't need, so maybe that's the reason  urine turns color yellow (?). I would check with the doc also though. I'm not on tx yet, though.