Hepatitis C Community
Very High SGOT/SGPT

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Very High SGOT/SGPT

Sir,
I am 23 years old and I live in India. About two months back I was diagonised to have jaundice and at that time my blood report said Serum Bilirubin (Total):4.0, Serum Bilirubin(Direct):1.50,
Serum Bilirubin(Indirect):2.50, SGPT/ALT:1791.8,
I was advised complete rest and was given Liv52 as a liver medicine. At that time, I was had fever (102 F) and general weakness but no vomitting. My next report showed Serum Bilirubin (Total):7.5, Serum Bilirubin(Direct):3.2,Serum Bilirubin(Indirect):4.3, SGPT/ALT:751. Again I was advised rest and a low fat diet.After a month of complete rest, now I felt much better with no fever and no pain my blood report indicated improvement with the readings as Serum Bilirubin (Total):2.10, Serum Bilirubin(Drt):1.10,Serum Bilirubin(Indrt):1.0,SGPT/ALT:423, SGOT/AST: 255. During this month I had also undergone the tests for Hepatitis B which came out to be negative. The specialist suggested that it might be a viral infection. Again I was advised complete bed rest and low fat diet. After 10 days, there was a different picture in my blood reports, though my bilirubin had gone down to 1.5(0.6+0.9) my SGOT had risen to 373 and my SGPT to 517. At this time I had no other complain other that mild indigestion and was feelin healthy, but the specialist still advised rest and another blood test after 7-8 days. In this blood test my SGOT had risen to an alarming 482(and 502 in the next) and SGPT to 711(1082in next)bilirubin:1.2.This was very disturbing as physically I am feeling fine.What can be the prob? I need to join work frm 5th to keep it. HELP
CAN U LET ME KNOW WHAT HAPPEN . AS MY BROTHER IS NOW SUFFERING FROM VERY HIGH S.G.P.T  AND S.G.O.T. LEVELS.

HE HAS JUST UNDERGONE LIVER TRANSPLANT (DONATED HIS LIVER TO OUR MOM)   BUT THE OPERATION WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL  AND MY MOM HAS SINCE PASSED AWAY.

BUT MY MAIN CONCERN IS MY BROTHER. HE SEEMED TO BE FINE  BUT JUST 2 DAYS AGO HE GOT HIS BLOOD CHECKED AND THE RESULT WAS VERY CARZY. HIS S.G.O.T  AND S.G.P.T. LEVELS ARE IN 1000'S

I NEED SOME SUGGESTION AS TO WHAT HAPPENED IN UR C ASE.