Hepatitis C Community
Virgin Cocont Oil

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Virgin Cocont Oil

I was wondering what brand you buy and where to get it (not the capsules)
Also, I was reading that there is no difference between extra virgin coconut oil
and virgin coconut oil...Do you agree?
Thanks in advance...
enigma
I use Nature's Way EfraGold Pure Extra Virgin Organic.  

Rocker is the pro-so hopefully he will chime in with more information.

I find it too sweet for cooking, but it is amazing for use on the skin.
Here i am..speak of the devil...the bset and only kind to use is the DME type...all that means is its "DIRECT MICRO EXPELLING"...straight from the coconut...no in between process like all the others....doesnt matter if the others are virgin..they are processed more,hence losing healing properties..like i always say....if it aint the best..its ****
So I live in South Florida, can I climb my trees and just crack a coconut open and it be the same?
didn't we just say....talk about timing?  

LOL!
coconut oil even can be used to keep teeth and gums in excellent shape....my dentist is blown away everytime i go for cleaning....i just swish it around after i brush and floss...i even swallow it...yummy
Thanks for your answer
Are you taking it internally as well? - How much?

Tell me where to get the best (DME oil)
TY!
enigma
YOU SAID....So I live in South Florida, can I climb my trees and just crack a coconut open and it be the same?

YOU BET...how ya goin to climb a coccnut tree?...seems like a lot of work...maybe shake the tree with you car...watch of for dents in roof.
i cant post any links to products on the med help site...just do a google on it....you can buy anything on the net...and i mean anytning...
i buy it buy the bucket....1.75 litre cost me 60 bucks...you can get smaller jars for 20 bucks..its about a pound a jar....you can take it internally and externally...all over ,even up... your nose...dry nose i get
Thanks you guys!!
I really appreciate it.
I just really wanted to know of a good brand before buying.
But as you said Rocker, I'm surrounded by coconuts so why not use the one I have.
If they aren't ready for cutting then our grocery stores and fruit stands have them as well.
I don't take it internally-- I know many who do.  

I just can't quite bring myself to take a teaspoon of something with that consistancy---but that is only because of some GI issues I have had, LOL!
I LOVE COCONUT OIL...STEM ENHANCE...APPLE CIDAR VINGAR...FLAX SEED...ORGANIC EGGS....ORGANIC WHEY.....MANGSTEEN FRUIT...ORGANNIC LEMONS....STEVIA...TUMERIC...PSYLLIUM HUSK...DISTILLED WATER...GREEN POWERD DRINKS...ORGANIC COFFEE...ORGANIC CHOCOLATE...ORGANIC APPLES BY THE TRUCK LOAD...

its a lot of coconut eating to get the oil you need...im not sure but you may have to eat a half one or more to get the full benefit as eating the oil...but hey....if you can get em for free....knock your self out...not with the coconut tho
Fresh young coconuts are great. They are good for the skin and digestion!!! Go for it! And the water is very cleansing.

But it is not the same as the oil. The oil you can use for cooking and as a source of fat. Or if you put it in a cool place, you can use it instead of butter. And you can rub it all over your body anywhere, except in your eyes.

You should be able to get it in any health food store. Be sure it is organic and virgin coconut oil made from fresh coconuts and not made from copra (dried coconut flesh).

Marcia

Alpha DME Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil

Can not be compared to any lower priced coconut oil on the market.

If it could it would not be the Highest Quality!

Taste and See the Difference Quality Makes.

The DME™ is the ONLY Extra Virgin Coconut Oil on the market that is pressed and packaged within 2-3 hrs of the mature coconut being opened. What this means to you is that you get a delicious product free of any impurities or contaminants in the oil.

The letters DME stand for: Direct, Micro, Expelling - Fast, Produced in small communities, not mass produced and the oil is expelled from the coconut. Hard to believe that a simple process like this gives you such an amazing oil.

The DME process uses only selected mature and organically grown coconuts, producing within hours a delicious fresh-tasting extra virgin coconut oil. You receive only the best - a true natural certified organic product.

When you purchase Alpha DME Coconut Oil you are not only receiving a delicious, versatile oil rich with many healthy benefits but you are also becoming a part of the coconut oil story and enriching the lives of others. You are helping to empower the local people in some of the "poorest" parts of the world.

Thanks Marcia!  Not from Copra  OK
Yuh Rocker-I figured I could just eat a bit of fresh coconut each day instead-
guess it's not the same.  
Virgin Pina Colada's anyone?  
www    dot  tropicaltraditions   dot  com  (exchange dots for real dots)

Makes a really good one too. I don't know which one is better, but it is one of the best ones one can get. It is also less 'sweet' than many others... I mean more neutral in taste to use for making savory foods.

They have the same concept with helping village people have their own businesses and have coconuts coming from one of the healthiest soils in the Philippines
Got the site  TY!!  :-))

TY Marcia!
Looking through your site now
Much appreciated
Boy... a lot of thread could be made from this slick subject, no additives, pure and natural... Shewww... where's meki lol,lol.

jasper
ya, you can use it for that too
Absolutely you can............:-)
YOU CAN get the benefits from the whole coconut .its ok....problem is you cant use it externaly...ever tred to rub fresh coconut on dry skin?
ever tred to rub fresh coconut on dry skin?
--------------------------------------------------------------
I use cocoa and shea on the body
Coconut oil sounds good!
Virgin Coconut Oil must come from some pretty ugly coconuts!

Marcia: "ya, you can use it for that too"

But who want's to go at it with an ugly coconut? (I guess you could put some lipstick on it - make it  look kinda like Sarah Palin I guess...)
I make my own shea butter and coconut oil mix. I boil the fresh shea butter (I take home from Mali pots of it every year) in a cooking pot with lime or lemon... when it has boiled for a while, I take it off the stove and drain it and add coconut oil and a little Patchouli and Rose essential oils... very good for mature skin... Then I put it back into the original pot, take a hand mixer and mix it until it cools down and looks like newly made ice cream. It stays nice and creamy until it is finished. You can even put it on your face and on your hair.

Out for a Sunday "drive" I see.  LOL!
ROFL
That's a great recipe Marcia
I do use patchouli with mandarin orange which is good for my psoriasis as well.  
I like the smell of patchouli, but most don't.  It's by a company called Nature's Gate.
http://www.natures-gate.com/

During tx gold bond did nothing for me and I smelled like Ben Gay
I liked the cocoa and the shea--even baby oil was good.

I use the cocoa for my frizzy hair too, it smoothes it out- but the coconut oil sounds wonderful!!
I had my brother bring me some gold bond from the US, just in case I get the rash. I haven't even opened it. I prefer natural stuff.

So I see, you are a witch like me, too....

Patchouli and mandarin sounds delicious. Mmm... Just be careful if you go in the sun with it, as all citrus oils make the skin photosensitive, but you probably already know that.

I have different organic products from green people uk and also a capuaca body butter from a spa here in Copenhagen. All organic stuff. It is great. I haven't had any dry skin problems on tx yet... probably because of all the water I'm drinking... or maybe just pure luck. So I do not need to moisturize more than usual.

Thank God that my skin is on my side!

I also have frizzy/curly hair, but it's very soft and easy to manage. I am twisting it into a bun, so it doesn't get entangled and add to the falling out. So far I'm not losing any hair yet. It's weird how frizzy hair has to be handled exactly the opposite from straight hair on tx. The say don't brush and don't tie. For us it's brush and tie.

shea butter is also great for the hair. All of West Africa uses it on hair and body.