Virus particles in the eye after blood splash exposure
Hi all,im just curious,what happens with the particles of HEP C or B virus in human eye after blood splash in the eye exposure.For example someone gets exposed and then washes his eye(but only for 2-3 seconds),what if virus particles remain in his eye.How long they can be alive in human eye?I'm just curious about it.

THANKS
Are you having fun yet??? Sense you keep going from forum to forum with your non-sense............
I said i'm just curious..
Technically, a blood splash to the eye, which has mucous membranes, can transmit Hep C. If you have had a blood splash to the eye you should get tested for Hepatitis C. Hep C has an incubation period so talk with your doctor to determine when you should be tested.  

Hope that helps.
I know..thats not why i asked..
what* i asked
Well, the virus has been known to stay alive for up to 4 days outside the body:

"In a study conducted by the CDC, Dr. Kris Krawczynski, concluded that hepatitis C remained viable up to 4 days."  (dried Hep C virus)

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5431719_long-hepatitis-survive-outside-body.html

The eye is wet and usually a virus can live longer in a wet/moist medium.

So, as far as how long the virus can stay alive in the eye, your guess is as good as mine.

Just curious, why does it matter? It is either there or it is not there. It is not going to jump out of the eye and most people don't have eye to eye physical contact. The only reasonable thing to do, is wash the eye out after a spash and then get tested. If it is a work place splash, most places test immedicately (to see if you are already infected) and then again after the uncubation period to see if you contracted it.

You could try googling various key words and maybe you will get a better answer. I doubt anyone on this forum knows exactly how long the Hep C virus lasts in the eye after a splash.
Thank God it didn't happen to me,it happened to colege of mine.I know it lives up to 4 days on environmental surfaces,thats why i asked how long can it live in human eye(because its wet i guess it can live a little bit more).I've googled EVERYTHING on the net and did't find ANYTHING about what i asked.Maybe im being a paranoic,but im thinking-what if virus particles remain and after day or two i my eyes got red and hurt(for some reason)and the particles attack the mucous membrane.I will be very happy if i find an expert to tell me what are the chances for this to happen.Thanks for Your answer.