Hepatitis C Community
WHAT IS THE LAST STAGES???

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

WHAT IS THE LAST STAGES???

I AM THE CARE TAKER OF A 44 YEAR OLD MAN THAT IS IN THE LAST STAGES OF LIVER DESEASE, CAUSED BY DRINKING FOR MANY YEARS. HE STOPPED DRINKING TWO YEARS AGO.  BUT IT IS TOO LATE.

HE HAS HAD THE FLUID DRAWN FROM HIS STOMACH THREE TIMES AND HAS TO TAKE 6 FLUID PILLS EVERY DAY(LASIX AND ALDACTONE), ALSO TAKES PROTONIX, LACTULOSE AND OTHER PILLS.

AT THIS POINT, HE IS SICK ON HIS STOMACH AND CAN NOT KEEP ANYTHING DOWN.  HE HAS TO TAKE A LAXATIVE DAILY BECAUSE HIS BOWELS WILL NOT MOVE, WHICH CAUSES AMONIA (ammonia). HIS BOWELS ARE BLACK.

DOES THIS GO ALONG WITH THE DESEASE?  WE ARE NOW GOING THROUGH THE STAGES FOR A TRANSPLANT, BUT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS NEXT.  WHAT ARE THE STAGES??? IS THIS BEING SICK, NOT ABLE TO KEEP ANYTHING DOWN, NOT EVEN WATER, NORMAL??

PLEASE ADVISE

JMACK