WOULD BENZOCAINE(USED TOPICALLY) RESULT IN A POSITIVE DRUG TEST?
IF A URINE TEST IS GIVEN AFTER APPLYING TOPICALLY BEZOCAINE RESULT IN A POSITIVE READING FOR COCAINE OR OTHER NARCOTIC?
think you posted in the wrong forum. but i'm pretty sure work place drug tests look for specific drugs. and benzocaine is not a illegal drug, now if it was benzoCOCAINE then you would have a problem :-)
and the stigma continues.People must figure..Hey who better to ask..than a bnch of ex or current hep druggies. Who knows...maybe just an honest mistake? Who cares, right?
the biggest reason i did not want to tell anyone was for my 9 yr old. i was afraid that her friends parents would not let theirs kids come over our house. i know some of you would say well that is their problem, but i can not take that chance. maybe i will feel different in the future but right now it is closed lips.
how true, i was thinking the same thing. and this is why i have elected to tell NO one except my wife that i have HCV. everyone assumes the same thing, that if you have HCV then you are/were a junkie!
   Your decision to tell is yours to make,no prob. here.  But I decided to not hide it but try educate .  Lucky , here in Hawaii there is very little stigma  to it . We worry more about T.B.  and bird flu.   With  a large military population (retired and active duty)  I just want people to know that there is a very big chance,, some one you know has it !  "1 out of 10 military vets. have hep C "!!  They were not all Junkies .     Aloha  R.
                                                         U.S. Army 74-77.
                 +++      All Veterans honorably discharged are tested  Free. Treatment costs depend on your income. (I will have to pay $ 14.oo  x 48 weeks for meds. all else free.)  Contact your local vet affairs office/ Mil.Hospital.     sorry all ,had to throw that in.  
  Thanks, I had not thought of that point. Hopefully a misplaced Ques. But i will be watching future posts for that.  R.
I totally understand.
I'm of the belief that we must educate the masses.

I tell everyone...

I have had mixed reactions. But the number one thing they ask is how did you get it?

I'm like:

Oh I was this really high paid hooker who shot up every drug under the sun and I happened to share needles with Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson - and I lost my millions of dollars and got this lovely disease instead.

It usually gets their attention

Then I wink and I tell them that I probably got it from a medical surgery or a shot of rhogam - and I explain everything I can until they stop edging away slowly.

Some take it well - some do not.

But I don't care - I've passed whatever knowledge that I can to them.

I make sure I let them know it is a blood to blood disease... and that they can't get it from kissing, hugging, shaking hands, sharing sodas, breathing the same air - or from being 5 feet away from me.

I tell them that there are millions of people in the world with the disease and that it's a sad thing - but very few people know about it... or anything about it.

Then I answer what questions they may have.

If they haven't run far far far away. LOL!

But you know - I almost went the other way... I almost kept my silence.

Because I live in a small town - and for exactly the same reasons you choose to keep silent...

But I realized I had a responsibility to myself - my family and to others. That I need to be able to pass the word.

Meki
Sorry - I am in agreement with LadyWhy and last post was for copyman.

I'm a dork on the comment to part.

Especially 42 hr no sleep now. LOL!

Meki
Reg. telling people. I have recently decided to be more open about it. If people judge me and have a problem with it...so what! I shared with this acquaintance I just met...she has had it too! I figure I might be able to benefit others and I do NOT want to feel ashamed. I'm not gonna go around with a sign board..but I will tell more people and maybe help educate and maye be a blessing to others. I have lived with other things I was ashamed of and tried to keep it a secret...it was too painful...so I let it go. There is a quote I've heard. "You are as sick as your secrets." We are all students here..gettin' an education. It's called LIFE.
God Bless you both today!
Yvonne
Not only do I tell everybody, but I tell them to get tested because they may very well have hcv too.  I don't know how I got it - none of the usual risk factors, but I suspect sharp tools at my job.  This virus can infect anybody, even those who want to make rash judgements.