Waiting for treatment
Hi - I was diagnosed in Dec./11 My ALT was as high as 191 and AST was 143. End of February they were down to (ALT)125 & (AST)82. Today I did a test for ALT only. If it is high enough, I will be accepted for treatment. Does anyone know where the limit is?
I was told by the Specialist that we are applying to do the 3x with Incivek and I would do 48 weeks. (This treatment is just being released here in April.)
Because of the info I have learned here, I asked if I would get a biopsy, told no. Asked for a Fibroscan - had it done last week - was F3 11.8.
I am anxious to treat as I was told I have scarring, will this guarantee treatment now?
Also, has anyone had their Neutrophils (1.8) and WBC (3.8) go below normal before treatment? Thank You!
where are you from?
I'm in BC, Canada.
I am hoping some of the Canadian memebers hop in here, sometimes with the medical insurance up there, it seems like they do things slightly different then in the U.S.
Thanks for the comments. I guess I can just wait until my next appointment, mid April. I just feel better when I know what is next!
I too live in Canada and am waiting to start tx . Good luck.
Hi there....I am from Canada but do not know what the criteria is for the new triple treatment but with I would think with your Fibroscan results that you would surely qualify.  Praying for you that you get accepted soon.

I qualified years ago (in 2000) at stage 2 and no cirrhosis at that time for the old treatment. My Neuts and WBC were normal before treatment.  Sorry I This tx is really kicking this virus and it's working so much better than the last two I did.   Good luck with getting on tx soon!
Do you know which tx you will do?
Thanks for responding.
Thanks for the prayers - I need all the help I can get. lol
Dr. says heart valve isn't doing it's job either, so I wonder if that will ruin or weaken my tx if I do treat now.
You've been through tough times, but 3rd time lucky and so much more knowledge and improved drugs now. All the best to you!
No not yet, I will know soon , when I do I will let you and others on here know. Do you ?
I was told I would be on the 3 drugs - Interferon, Ribaviris and Incevik for 48 weeks. It will be available after April 1, did they release this treatment in your area already?
I believe it was released in the U.S last May.
Yes I live in Montreal it is out here and will be using one of the triple tx. I think , if I am correct it was here July 2011, I could be wrong .
Got my one of my latest lab results in the mail today. Neutrophils have gone up to 2.3 so is in normal range, but low end. WBC are also at low end.
Is there anything I can do to
i am guessing it is not an issue since it is in normal range, and your doctor seem to be more cautious then what I've seen from the U.S doctors...but talk to your doctor, have him explain to you about low Neutrophils and WBC, when it's an issue, when it's not, what to look for, etc... so you can feel more comfortable about your blood levels and treatment.
I went through the same thing before I started my clinical study.
They retook my blood twice and I got lucky the neutrophils went up enough to qualify. I was told to drink a lot of water  and to have some fresh green veg. juice.
I've seen on this board where people have had to get transfusions when their WBC and Neutrophils were low - that's why I didn't think it would be wise to start treatment in that condition or even if they would accept me for treatment. The immune functions are comprimised when these are low. My GP wouldn't come near me as he had a cold and didn't want to infect me.
That's what I was worried about. Thanks for the tip about water - I am trying to force myself lately to drink more and always have a glass in front of me. What is green juice? Is it that grass stuff?