Water
I have read that you should drink half your weight in ounces of water while on tx. I also have read that to much water intake although it may help with the sx will clear the peg from your body sooner and may effect your chances of svr
Would appreciate any inf?
hi,
my np just told me to make sure i drink water. didn't specify amount,but here on forum I was told 1/2 body weight in ounces.

on another site, some claim half body weight will wash the meds out of your system, as you mentioned. I am going to ask my doctor when i see him. As of late, I am just sipping all day. I tend to drink too much water even before tx. too much water is not good either.

so i guess i really don't have an answer for you,except maybe check with your doctor. I would imagine one of the members doctors told them the half the body weight, so i would imagine it would be good advice, but check with your doc to be sure that is what he wants you to do.

take care and wish you the best!
Yes, I believe you are supposed to drink half your body weight.  However, do not just drink water because it does flush out your system.  Try drinking fruit juices and such.  Gatorade is good if you get cramps, it puts the electrolytes back into your system.
All I know is that if I don't drink enough water my head feels like cotton and I can hardly pry my dry eyes open. I do drink a lot of "light" juice (less sugar) and alternate with lemon water. Also sipping the fluids helps with my queazy feeling. So far all the water hasn't hurt me because I had a 2 pcr's which showed I was undectable. Shot 9 tomorrow.
I did drink nearly that amount of water during tx, and my body craved it and I felt better drinking it.  I really don't think it washes the meds out of the system, but I didn't clear, so if you are taking a poll, factor that in.

Since finishing treatment, I have not craved, and do not drink near as much water.  But I truly believe water is the best thing you can drink, any time.
frijole
I did not drink half the body wt in oz amount more like half my body wt in grams I did not clear either so more water less water not sure if it makes a difference in the final goal just what ever helps you feel better.I felt worse when I drank lots of water.