Hepatitis C Community
Weakness and giddy feeling after urination

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

I am at week 15/24  (Shot + Riba 1200 mg a day) of my Tx. My Hemoglobin was 11.3 and RBC & WBC are just below the lower limit of normal range. From last 4-5 days i feel weakness and Giddy after urination especially the back side of my head feels empty and lighter and one or times i felt that i 'll fell down.. I drink about 3 liters of water a days and often urinate 7-8 times a day due to this high intake.  Does anyone else also feel this???? is it common during Tx ?????
Well I don't know about giddy after urination, but I used to feel downright euphoric when I passed gas in bed with my exwife. And I can still get a sense of jubilation after ripping one in a crowded elevator.

Kidding aside, I'd raise the issue with my doc. But I wouldn't loose sleep over it. Could be a drop in HGB since the last draw.

Good luck!

I think i should explain Giddy feeling. Its a feeling of empty headed , dizzy and whirling sensation liable to falling.
I last time I went threw treatment I actually fainted. all I remember is sitting on the toilet and feeling really lightheaded  next thing you know my friend found me passed out in the living room with my pants down. I never did find out why that happened but i think it was because i did not have enough fluids in my body after that day i increased my water intake . I have recently started treatment again been on it 5 weeks  and it *****. but we need to hang in there
Avatar n tn
scruples...
Sounds like a low HGB
HGB can and does drop fast.

It could also be Thyroid or low Potassium.
I'd call your Dr. and let him/her know.

Goofydad...
Thanks for the chuckle this morning.

.
Yes I have a CBC test today and will get latest report tommorow, it could be Low HGB, but my question is , has anybody elso also felt this very symptom ( feeling Giddy / Weakness immediately after urination ) coz Low Hgb is very very common during Tx and so far i have seen that Hgb of most ppl floats around 10 or lower than 10 and as compared to these my Hgb (11.3) seems reasonable apparently.
I nearly fell out of my chair here in work when I read your reply, thanks, I need that good laugh!
Is it the fact that you're urinating or standing still for several minutes? Try it sitting down and see what happens. Sounds like either low hemoglobin or a fast fall in hgb from pre-tx baseline.
No i used to sit and it didnt take more than one minute. I have received report of my CBC. My Hgb drops down to 11 from 11.3. I am in 15 week of Tx. RBC is 3800 m ce/ml and WBC is 5500/mcl. But the thing which is a shock to me that my ALT raised upto 41 from 26 in just 15 days. why would that be ????????
That ALT rise is not uncomon and nothing to worry about. Could be the treatment drugs.  

Anyone else like to do the fart-n-fluff with the blankets? It's one of the few things I miss about my marriage.
You are one cruel dude!   Peeeeee-ewwwwwww, lil' fluffy!  :-)
Anyone else like to do the fart-n-fluff with the blankets?
---------------
For an added twist make sure her side of the blamkets is tucked under the mattress. That way theres no escape route.

cando
I can hear that guy on Forensic Files:  Woman succumbs to gaseous fumes; what did her husband do that gave away his involvement?  And how did crime scene investigators prove premeditation?  Da da da daaa...fade to commercial.
You guys play turtle?

You tuck in the sheets and fart --- and they try to stick their heads out as fast as they can...

Women can play turtle the best...

Cause we're sneaky like that....

*GRIN*
Women can play turtle the best...

The only problem with that - from what I'm told women don't fart. That's always left me wondering where that stench is coming from, but I prefer not to think too much about that.  
hey giddy is good...at least it's a moment doing to the happy place....like a good glue sniff eh??

but seriously, 3 liters may be overkill.   If your electrolytes get too low you can feel dizzy, faint, go into coma, so have your electrolytes checked.  We were advide 2 liters max at our clinic, and I still think that is excessive, but then I know peole who dies from too much water...

If you really feel you must drink that much, then buy water with essential electryles in it.
No sugar, just the minerals.

mb
Thanx for the tip. I'll definitely take water with electrolytes.

Actually water intake also changes with the environment across you. In our part of world still (today) temp is 39 C ( its true :) ) so a lot of water goes out through perspiration/ sweat. I already reduced water intake , now its around 2 to 2.25 L daily...

My latest Hgb drops down to 11. My doc says he'll go for Epogen once it goes belo 10, so hoping that it wont go belo 10 :)
10356, and Dee1956 commented on 10356's status
Dee1956 commented on Saw the babies again ...
Dee1956 commented on dointime's status
Track your weight over time