Hepatitis C Community
Weakness/fatigue
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weakness/fatigue

Hi folks,

I have been experiencing periods of sudden weakness and fatigue. I will be fine and all of a sudden I feel it starting. I feel very heavy and weak and have to rest. This can last about 6 hours or so. Then I gradually start to feel better. My blood sugar is normal during these episodes. Is this a common symptom of Hep C? I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. Liver biopsy was negative for scarring.  Thanks for any comments.

Mark
Related Discussions
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
yes it is.. I get like that at times and i hit neutral and can hardly go at all, then i hit drive a few hrs later.. It stinks.. the worse thing i hate is sore tongue, hurts so bad... i get tired od meds meds BP meds and anxiety meds and then hep meds and shot meds..    
Blank
168246_tn?1212066854
Are you treating?  The medications caused low RBC which causes anemia.  Less oxygen supplied from the lungs to the blood consequently weakness and fatigue.  I was out dancing one night, after about a minute or two had to sit down.  Very shaky and weak.  This will go away after treatment.  If you are not treating, get a blood test to see what your RBC is!
Blank
190885_tn?1333029491
first did you or do you drink?..it's hard to tell why some of us get sx before tx so bad while others just have very mild sx ..i think drinking can bring on sx or even stopping drinking might get them going...also i have to wonder if too much exercise or too much anxiety gets it going ..i get the fatigue thing...comes once or twice everyday..and i can't drive or work..have to fall asleep for an hour..then i'm ok..the fatigue is truely debilitating...feels like you've been kept awake for a couple days..and as far as blood sugar..over the years before i was tested for hep i got blood sugar test once or twice a year..always tested fine ..then this year i finally heard that to do the right kind of blood sugar test you have to do a fasting test..takes quite a while not just a blood draw..so i was doing that worng....also my bx wasn't that bad...stage 1 to 2  grade 2..good luck...billy
Blank
86075_tn?1238118691
yup, yup, and yup...weakness and fatigue...I also have hypoglycemia, where I have to eat every 3 hours or so, or I get...weakness and fatigue...I hope you have all the right tests and let us know how you do...welcome....
Blank
Thanks for the replies. I am not in treatment and I did drink up until a few years ago. I am beginning to suspect a blood sugar problem even though I had been tested routinely. This problem has been ongoing for many years but seems more pronounced lately. Time to lean on my physician to get a more thorough test I think.
Blank
453029_tn?1205955019
i wa s  diagnosiedwith  hep c about   13 years  ago, i've not noticed one symptom or  anything   oddor unusuali can complain aboutis it justa materoftime      does  this diesease   lay dormant  at times  ?
Blank
86075_tn?1238118691
hi, from what I understand, this can be a stealth disease for some people...it can play out differently with everybody...some people are symptom free till they get older, etc...some people are always symptom free with it, till advanced cirrhosis...some people get a lot of symptoms at 0 or a stage 1 disease...then some symptoms subside, then come again, a "flare up" if you will...some people will seem to progress faster, some much slower, if at all...sometimes they can progress faster, then slower within the same person...it isn't linear necessarily....
Blank
453029_tn?1205955019
ty
Blank
I suffered severe fatigue for years, until this last 6 months since Ive been taking vitamins/supplements, Im not as tired all the time.
Also I suffered depression/anxiety, and since taking the vitamins I dont need antidepressants any more neither.
Im actually researching fatigue, there is only one study done with ondansatron (zofran) which seems to alleviate it.  In other illnesses such as primary billiary cirrhosis and chronic fatigue syndrome they have found 'modafanil' and 'ritalin' to work, but these are psychostimulants and are toxic to the liver, so using them long term would not be advised.
Exercise also helps with fatigue.
All in all, vitamins/supplements and exercise will help you live a better quality of life.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...