Hepatitis C Community
Week 4 results

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Week 4 results

Geno 2 and just got week 4 results back. Baseline at start was 2.6 million, came back after 4 weeks at 1,740. Gonna see doc next Friday to discuss rest of treatment. Log was 3.24. I did research and this all looks real good, any comments would be appreciated, anxiously waiting!!
Looks Fantastic Fred!  Congrats
Thank you, this will definitely help cope better with the side effects. Should just have to go to 6 months would be my guess.
Good luck to you!  I don't know much about GT 2 but that log drop is amazing.  Off to SVR for you

Cheers!
Jules
Good news! I too am genotype 2, it is supposed to be easier to reach svr for gt 2.
It is looking very good for you. Congrats
Hi Fred: I enjoy plotting test results -- it helps get my brain working again after treatment. I plotted the two data points you provided on a log-log graph and I extended the line for prediction purposes. There are many variables that influence how quickly the virus is eradicated, but just using the two points you provided, your viral load at 8 weeks should be about 121 (log 2.1) and your viral load at 12 weeks should be about 23 (log 1.4). If you think of it in a month or two from now, let me know how closely these two predictions were to your actual test results at week 8 and week 12. Cheers, GB
Will do, I made note of it to get back, don't know docs plans for next vl ,will meet with him 4/20. Hoping next test is<43 UD, but don't we all. Sure did not expect these #s ,I was a nonresponder in 1996, different day, different tx. After first try was scared to death to try again, but my doc is very optimistic. He has been trying to get me to do this for months now. He coaxed me into it by making a promise of no biopsy unless absolutely needed. Looks like I will owe him big time!
Thanks, Fred. You may want to check out the viral load prediction chart I developed today for FaithforHealing. It's uploaded as a photo on my personal page. Let me know if you like the concept and I'll develop, and upload, a chart for you. Cheers, GB
Congratulations!  I myself have genotype 1b, said to be the harder to treat.  But with faith and patience, staying true to my doctor with these meds.  I am happy to report today at the beginning of week 6 I got my last weeks blood results.  After 25 years of Hep C, today I am virus free!  My only problem, treatment for 18 more weeks!  But I know if I can make it this far 18 more weeks will be a breeze.  I must say that I was told if by chance the slightest amount of virus in my blood at this point, I would have had to treat for 48 weeks rather than 24.