Hepatitis C Community
Well 12 weeks are over

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Well 12 weeks are over

Hi gang,
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know that I did shot 12 Friday night. I plan to ask the doc for the qualitative test to check my vl. Any thoughts if one is better than the other??
I should have this done  this coming week, but I have labs set for next week anyway.
Just a quick update, tx is starting to have a toll on me now but I plan to finish it at all costs short of life. I want to kill my dragon and plan to bbq his butt early next year.
I hope you all are well and having as side free a weekend as you can.

hugzz to you all
Dottie
You've come a long way already, Dottie. I admire your determination to beat this monster.

I would suggest, though, that you get a good quantitative test done - in the <5 or <10 sensitivity range - rather than a qualitative at this point of your tx. This way, if for some reason you have not completely cleared the virus from your bloodstream at this point, you'll have a better understanding of exactly how close you are. This would be important information for whether or not there might be a need to extend tx.

May God's blessings and mercy be upon you.

TnHepGuy
Thank you all,
It means alot to me that you are all still here, I know that there is a ton of great info floating between all your minds. No with the fog we all just have to try and catch it.

Chevy,
Hope you are starting to feel well post tx. you had a ride and it is over for good I pray. hang tough girl.

Scott,
Have you given up the interferon yet I know ya love the stuff lol. Anyway let me know what your situation is now. Sounds like you have cleared and are done from what I gather.

Trihepguy,
How are you doing hun, I know that you are getting closer to the end of your tx, wow this has really been something else. I pray that this will be your last bout with tx as well.

I am still working full time but the days are getting harder, I went through the insomnia period that was fun. Had no idea the human body could function on 2 hours of sleep a day. ahhhh Ambien. Well now I cant stay awake haaaa wonder if there is a little miracle pill for that one. Still not doing the antidepressant thing i tried a few but they all made me sick to my tummy. I do get a touch of the rage from time to time and have gotten a few scripts for it but have not tried any as of yet. The hair is thining but I know it will grow back. my alt and ast are finally in the high normal range now so that was good news. well the wbc and rbc have been going down think we will start neupogin soon as last labs they fell to 1.8. My platelets are still real low but I have all my docs on the same page now regarding the fact that i have no intention of romancing my dragon. I want him dead. I figure everyday I feel bad he feels worst so I laugh at his arse and move on.
I will post my results as soon as I get them, thanks again for your input as always it is appreciated

hugzzz and love
Dottie
best luck on your pcr test, I hope you are negative. I usually have both tests done. they always have ordered both. maybe  yours does too.
12 weeks of riba can really give you some nasty symptoms due to the anemia. I hope your dr does not wait too long to intervene if the hgb drops. I have found that even a small drop gives me aches all over.
How is your daughter?
If that was a honeymoon, I'm going straight for the divorce!   And you can keep all the community property, thank you.  But I know what Rev means--I can feel the transition as clearly as a shift of the seasons.   So greetings and salutations, Dottie.  I'm right behind you and hoping you see the magic words on the lab report as quickly as possible.   We do need those incentives to get through this.
Hey Dottie,,,Glad to see you here! Wow,,,12 weeks huh?  Time is moving forward,,,Yeah!!  Hang in there,,,you are doing good! Keep us posted on your PCR,,,,I'm with you,,,Burn and Kill this dragon, virus whatever,,,LOL
Dottie, nice to "see" you again.  Good luck with your test.  You have a very positive attitude........

Califia....You constantly put a smile on my face...you clever gal.....and I will take you up on your offer..........Johnny Depp......allllll mine...........All righty then, Matey!!!! Ahoy!
congradulations dottie, on making it this far,,,now for the big test...i pray your clear and free on your test...and that this is a sign of better things to happen....
Dottie - Congrats on #12.  I know a lot of people say they started feeling really bad around this time, but for me, I actually started adjusting better around week 12.  My RBC did fall and I was put on Procrit at week 16, but really, the physical sides have not been that horrible for me.  Just wanted to let you know that some of us don't find the sides unmanageable, so it could go either way for you.  I'm hoping you find them as manageable as I did (so far.  I still have 14 weeks to go).  

Showboat - Please, please, pretty please with sugar on top - could share Johnny just for a day (or night) or two?????   Please.
Well done!  Stay strong - you can do it:)
Hey there!!  I love Johnny Boy too!!!  We have to bring lots of cotton candy to get Show sidetracked,,,,LOL   Hey Fubar,,,how is the hair coming along??  Did it finally stop falling?
LOL...since you said the magic word "sugar"....I will consider.
Make that cotton candy and you got yourself a deal!!!!!!!!!
:>)
Hello...Winkin'...how ya feeling?  I am feeling generous today, so you may have 1 hour with Mr. Depp.  :>)
Hey there Blinkin',,,,Doing good here and thanks for asking!!  My my aren't we the generous one,,,,sharing Mr Depp,,,LOL  I'm sure Fubar will be making comment soon on that one.  Hey,,,Just read about maybe that new treatment up in thread 3 to 5 years with minimum sides,,,,I would love to hear more about that and what it is.  You might have said before but,,,what is your biopsy show and when was last time you had one?  Also,,,did you have symptoms before being diagnosed and when was that?  Sorry for all the questions but I have been wondering something about relapse and also would love if you could take a much needed break from the great "trip" of Interferon and hold out...
Great to hear from you all, Thanks for the words of encouragement they mean alot to me. I will deffinatly let you all know how the tests work out.

Scott,
wow 88 weeks, so let me see if prior to week 12 is the honeymoon period and you did 88 weeks geesh talk about a commitment you had the honeymoon period the marriage and got to grow old with interferon. lmao. Hope your doing well and that you have finally kicked your dragons arse.

hugzzz yall
Dottie