Hepatitis C Community
What can you do about constant nausea?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

What can you do about constant nausea?

My husband wakes up with it all of the time.
ginger tea helped me some.  i was prescribed promethazine, a antihistamine, for the nausea. however, i have heard that zofran is a better drug than the promethazine.  
eric
If you don't have these prescriptions that coeric recommends.... I would
call my doctor and get them asap.  You should have it on hand in cause
you need it.  
I had horrible nausea and bloat. I finally got a prescription for Zofran 8 mg every 8 hours. It worked perfectly. I felt like a new woman and I could actually eat again. Don't suffer needlessly when anti-nausea meds can be prescribed. Nausea is one of the side effects that can be treated and, left untreated, it can snowball.
Glad to hear you found relief from nausea and bloat.  At the onset of treatment I thought ahead and asked my Dr. for a prescription to treat nausea.  She obliged, I had it filled and it's stored in my nightstand in the event I one day need it.   Wishing you all the best.
Ginger anything and medicinal cannabis both work well for nausea.
I tried ginger ale, candied ginger, tea with brewed with slices of fresh ginger, and straight capsules of ginger. None of them touched my severe nausea with vomiting. I phoned my doctor's office when I threw up my Incivek pills one morning, and they responded immediately with a phoned-in Rx for Zofran. Previous treatments had taught me that I'm overly susceptible to sedation side effects from most anti-nausea meds (as in becoming nearly unconscious), but 4mg of Zofran 1-2 times daily as needed worked incredibly well for me, with no sedation at all. In fact, I had no noticeable side effects at all from Zofran, but be aware that at least two forum members have reported severe headaches from Zofran. I wish that wasn't the case, as for me it was nothing short of a miracle. Good luck!
I used pot in a state where its not legal. If the police would have came to get me, I would have thrown up all over them...lol. I could not hold down pills very well, which can be a real problem on tx. Do what works for you, but you should try the legal route first.
Zofran melts "sometimes" help my 20-year-old child. It varies from person to person so it's worth a try. Has he tried eating smaller meals throughout the day, like maybe 6. Don't drink liquids at meal time.

Hope he finds some relief. Nausea which is constant is aggravating.