Hepatitis C Community
What does lower antibodies mean?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

What does lower antibodies mean?

I stepped on dirty acupuncture needles repeatedly for 2 years because the manager would not implement safety procedures despite numerous requests and the acupuncturist didn't monitor the needles so they ended up hidden in the carpet. I got a bad infection in a toe and after weeks of it not healing properly went to see the doctor who ordered HIV and Hep c tests. The Hep C came back positive for antibodies but negative for the virus, testing a few months later showed a lower antibody but no virus. I do not know what this means??!! Did the body fight it off by producing antibodies that got used killing the low virus so it came back negative and with less antibodies? I am so mad that I have to go through this because of lazy practitioners and managers.  
You ought to report the establishment.
I get acupuncture regularly and as the law requires they use only new unopened needles and carefully dispose of each needle afterward. They also do not allow anyone to walk barefoot on the premises.

You do not have HCV according to what you stated. A positive antibody test shows you were exposed and your body fought it off.

You are fortunate and don't blame yourself, blame them for unsafe practices.
Negative for the virus is the most important aspect of everything you said. I would imagine the level of antibody a test shows could vary on the test and assay the lab uses to the cut-off ratio and other technical things. I will let someone else address whether antibodies fluctuate over time. The key is that you will always test positive for Hepatitis C Antibody no matter what value is shown however you are not infected with the Hepatitis C Virus.

Best of luck.
I am finding out who is responsible for what and reporting them all! They knew it was a problem and did nothing to fix it, I am not the only one who got stuck either.

Thank you!
Thank you. I found out I can no longer donate blood, and may be excluded for certain positions because of the testing. The positive is no virus, the negative is I still have the positive test!