What is meant by 'Patient Value' in Eliza test?
Hi Friend,

I got my Eliza test to confirm my HCV and the results are following.
Patient Value = 1.659
Cut off value = 0.425
Reslut        = Reactive

What do we mean by Patient Value. Is it some thing related to Viral Load? And what is meant by cut off value and Reactive?
I will be thank ful to you for the information.
Although i some how know that this test confirms HCV virus inside me. and high SGPT is also another reason to believe.

Take Care,
Thanks,
Naeem
This sounds like the initial test which simply confirms whether you are infected or not.  If positive, then a biopsy and viral load would be required to type, stage, and viral load.
I believe the Eliza test (Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay - ELIZA)is a highly sensitive test for HepC antibodies.  I dont believe that by itself it can determine whether you have chronic HepC or not.  I dont believe it confirms that you have active virus in you.  

The patient value is a log value (which converts to number of copies of antibodies) which they compare with the cut off value to see whether it is higher or lower.  If higher it is positive and/or reactive for the HepC antibodies.  HepC antibodies could mean that you were infected at one time and cleared or that you have a chronic infection.  Next step would be to check your enzymes and, if elevated and with other risk factors, get a PCR etc etc.  I would talk to my doctor about this.
I have never heard that term (patient value) used before. Maybe some of the other folks have seen it. It may be sum total of various counts for determining treatment of an individual. I'm absolutely guessing. Dale
Sorry I've never heard of this before either and been tested and tested and checked and tested some more.  Must be something the doc doesn't do.

Sorry.
Thanks to all of you for posting your views. However i think i think Returntosender is right. PCR is also avalilable here but is not yet advised by my doctor. so it must be the same antibodies log.
Thanks,
Naeem