Hepatitis C Community
What is miracle mouthwash?

A community of people with Hepatitis C to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: diagnosis, current treatments, side effects, research studies, and clinical trials. To communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit Hepatitis Social.

What is miracle mouthwash?

I might have posted this twice, sorry.
What is miracle mouthwash and where can I get it? Do I need a prescription and can it be uses as a preventative measure?
Thank you
Ella
I think what you'reasking about is "magic mouthwash" which most doctor's or dentists can write you an Rx for.  I think there is an over the counteritem called Biotene that works for some.  The mouthwash is used to combat Thrush, a type of yeast infection where you'll get white spots "cottage cheese" in theback of the throat.  Fairly common with Hep C, more so with tx.

Kim
Avatar n tn
i have some and it worked excellent. i had a sore throat for weeks. it was gone fast!!
Avatar n tn
This is what was on the bottle I had:

CPD-Diphen/Lidoc/Maal ("Swish and spit 1/2 to 1 TBL every 3 to 4 hours as needed for mouth pain)

Not sure what it is but I think the second one is Lidocane and the last one was Maalox or something? All I know is it really helped - made my mouth completely numb plus cleared up all the sores and pain.

Hope this helps - Kathy
Avatar n tn
My GI says you better not have a weak or nauseated stomach, he said it's pretty nasty, then I told him what's the problem- it won't be you swishing it around, then he wrot me a rx for some.
Avatar n tn
My grandson has had canker sores for the last couple of years; not just one or two, but his whole mouth was ulcerated, his doctor would not do anything for him. His last episode started this past week, he couldn't talk, sleep or eat. He never complains as this has been an ongoing problem for him almost constantly. I read about the miracle mouthwash, and the "Homemade" remedy; equal amounts of Liquid Benadryl, Maalox, and Liquid Motrin; mix up and swish about 1/2 tbls twice daily.
I gave it to him last night about 8 pm; he called at 10 pm and said he couldn't even feel his sores; today after school we talked to him again and he said his mouth is soooooooooooo much better; he could talk, sounded good and was outside playing. I already love this stuff and will always have it on hand. This is the only thing that has ever worked for him.
Carol
A few drops of tea tree oil in a 1/4 cup of water....stevia drops work good too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_mouthwash
also
http://www.shands.org/professionals/drugInfo/bulletins/1005.pdf

hope this helps
I'm so glad you posted this twice. I have sores and trouble with my teeth now.
My doctor said I have Thrush and gave me 10 weeks of Fluconazole.
It helps for a little while. But one of the side effects is nausea and I  have severe
nausea. So i wonder what is really causing the nausea day after day. I also recently had to start taking Blood Pressure meds at pretty high doses. I spent a couple of days in the hospital recently. I was taken out of Costco with severe chest pain and blood pressure
203/128 that they could not get to go down.  I was so embarassed in Costco. My husband has a broken leg so we were are quite the pair. Anyway all this came out of me reading that other people have mouth sores. I really love this place.
House is over time to go to bed me and hop along cassidy. GoodNight!
Dee1956 commented on Jade59's status
1 hr ago
10356, and Dee1956 commented on dominosarah's status
Dee1956 commented on atthebeach's status
Sep 27
Track your weight over time