Hepatitis C Community
What is treatment naive?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

What is treatment naive?

Is it never having been treated?  Is there a period after treatment ends that you are considered treatment naive?  I see trials ask for this.
It's never been treated at all, I'm pretty sure.

I guess they don't want any variables in the mix, since treating can lead to some resistance as my hepa explains it.
"Is it never having been treated?"

Yes that is correct, and no once you tx you will never be tx naive.
Hi pcd, in the early stages of trials most only want tx naive people because they feel they have the best chance of becoming svr then someone that has already tx and relapsed, they of course want to cherry pick the best people to prove their drug works, if all goes well in later stages they will include relapsers and non-responders........... Hope your doing well.
planning my strategy for my post of 12 week PCR results.  If I need to stop tx at 12 wk I suppose I'll wait for the new drugs, but knowing me I'll be searching for a drug trial.  Hoping for my result sometime the first half of next week.  It's like watching a pot boil water.