Hepatitis C Community
When to take interfuron

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

When to take interfuron

They say it is better to take interfuron before you go to bed so you sleep trough
     a bit of the rough part do you find that to be the case?
Definitely! And on your "Friday" so you can have a coupla of days to recuperate.

For me, the 1st shot has always been the worst, like having a bad flu, but after that it doesn't affect me so much.
Oy I wish we could just sleep through the side effects. In my case the more debilitating sides tend to kick the day after I administer the injection.  In other words, while not every shot feels the same I generally have to take my shot on a Friday so I have all day Saturday to get through the rough part.
Really thats something you will have to adjust to, for me the sides didn't take hold for 6 hours or so. I found it was better for me to take my shot early then pop a couple of tylenols at bedtime. That seemed to work best in my case.......... Good luck
I'd do my shot about two or three hours before bed and slept through the first part but generally the day after I was fairly out of it, too.

Taking tylenol with the shot, before or after is a good idea.

Well, when I first began my Treatment, my Doctor gave me my first shot, around 11 am, and told me to expect flu like symptoms, in 4~6 hrs. She was right, in 6 hrs I got muscle aches.
  The meds made me exhausted, by 2 pm, and I work 5 hrs a day, 7 days a week. So...I would work from 7 am~1 pm. Once I began giving myself the shot, I did choose to do it around 4 pm.
  My first 8 shots were the worst. By 12 weeks, I barely had any reaction to it, most of the time.
With my first shot, I didn't feel much. I thought there was something wrong with the med. I had really hydrated, and I think that helped. For the most part, it was a few days later when it seemed to hit. This tx is so unpredictable. My description of triple tx: have felt yucky often! Get dehydrated, and all other sx are compounded.
May the odds be, ever, in your favor,
C
I did my shot right before bed, as at the beginning if tx I'd usually start to feel achy about an hour later. After a month or so the interferon was built up enough that there wasn't any "sudden onset" anymore, at least not directly associated with the time of injection. After several months I seemed to have a lot of interferon in my system all the time, but I would nevertheless have occasional periods at totally random times (and random days) when I would suddenly feel like I was getting a little peak of interferon and I'd feel achy and a little feverish. I believe the stuff would have occasional bursts of release into my bloodstream, but I just believe that because it felt that way, and I don't know what was really happening.