a cute or cronic
I finally have my results back ,genyo1b,hcv log 10-5.563,quantitive# 365 430. now i was only talking to receptionest
so i'm not sure what all these numbers mean or if i just wrote them on here right ,does this mean i'm cronic or acute ? verry upset to find out i'm 1b! based on these numbers my doctor wants me to go to a g.i.doc .so whats next??
If you have had the virus for more than 6 months, you are chronic.

The next thing you need to do is find a good doctor. My family doctor sent me to a GI too. Someone on here convinced me I needed a hepatologist and I am so glad I found one. You need to find somebody who has treated a LOT of hep c patients so they know how to treat the side effects and know what to watch out for.
It's not the viral load that let's you know if you are acute or chronic really it's the time frame of when you got it.  If you got it in the past six months you are acute after that if you have a viral load you are chronic.  If you are within the six months your body could fight it off but after that......unfortunately no.

I had 1A and 1B both and have been cured over three years.  Don't let the 1B idea freak you out too much.  1 is the most common geno after all.
The GI doc will run more tests, and perhaps an ultrasound scan and liver biopsy. Sorry to hear you are genotype 1; however, GT-1 is the most prevalent strain in North America, so it’s not surprising. I think 1b is more common in Europe though; 1a is predominant here, I believe.

I imagine the doctor will eventually discuss treatment options with you too. Be sure to discuss the status of the new ‘STAT-C’ drugs with him, and see if waiting for their eventual approval would be appropriate for your situation. They show much promise in clinical trial, so it might be worth the wait; if you can afford to wait, that is. The biopsy can give you information in that regard.

Welcome to the discussion group, by the way,

Bill

Chronic just means that you have it more or less permanently. Acute just means that it is in the onset stage and may of may not become permanent (chronic). Your viral count is relatively low. The G.I. doc should tell you more. Good advice about the STAT-C drugs. You may have to wait for FDA approval of STAT-C drugs but I would be wary if your doc recommends standard treatment on Pegasus + Ribavirin unless there are some unsual circumstances. Best luck.