Hepatitis C Community
adverse event

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

adverse event

I went to Lifelink at Tampa/Moffitt I don't qualify for transplant to severe viral load off charts plus have plasma cell disorder from the interferon. The Mayo beleives I was given too much interferon was doing the 3 shots/w/riba. Plus Hurthle cell cancer with liver cancer. Not finding anyone that will take my case on. They are telling me a liver transplant would not work for me. I just hope more people will get help sooner and get a living donor transplant. My sister wanted to do it but to late. I've lost 40lbs and damn i wish i could go to the beach and strut my ****. Although now I am getting to thin for my height. Have to see the doc every 2 weeks. I refuse to take pain meds because my brother was  addicted to everything. But my doc keeps trying to give me something. I,m only 44yrs but i have a good time even when i am alone. The Hurhtle cell cancer attacked my thyroid, had to be removed and they took out over 40 tumors at Mayo Rochester,MN I just signed a release for them to use my info for other people and testing. I have my own storage at Mayo, that to me is way to cool. At  least the rare stuff they are studying. The Hurthle cell has engulfed my throat and have to keep getting it dilated to swallow. They tell me this cancer is very aggressive and doesn't respond to chemo or radiation per Dr. Farley at Mayo.Has anyone had serious effects from the tx.???