Hepatitis C Community
again dealing

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

again dealing

I am not putting forward that positive thinking achieves positive results....
I am only putting forward my view that since being on this forum I read many post and most of them are answers to those who ar suffering from side effects or those just beginning theraphy.
There will always be a few among us who have no or very few side effects and others who face full on side effects.
It we would nice for those beginning or thinking of begiining theraphy to have sometimes positive feed back and also hope that side effects will no be heavy, Often here some give support and then beging to explain all the possible kinds of side effects.
We all have to deal in our own ways and some need more help than others. I have survived myself cancer and also AIDS (25 years) and therefore have also a voice and realise how medications can cause side effects. We have to live with side effects and attempt to remain positive in our lives.
Being positive in frame of mind is only a part of dealing and medications are essential and only the medications will help us long term. Should feel upset by my comments my apologies, but started 7 weeks ago and often felt negative energy here in the posts and fewer positive remarks. I only want to give support to those who want it and those who do not...no need to read my post or make comments.  It is a free world
You do not need to start a new thread every time you post a remark. If its on the same topic, just scroll down to the bottom of the thread and add your comments in the "post comment" box. Do not click on "post question" or a new thread will be started as you've done three times already today on the same topic.
thans for the information about posting here
I don't see negative energy in here when people are posting the truth about what they're going through and others rally around and support them to encourage them that they CAN get through this.  

Where exactly do you see negative energy?  I don't see it as a negative when people tell their own truth.  If you have a low tolerance for that, then that's something for you to deal with. You are in the minority of people who don't experience side effects so if you need to be in a different forum where people aren't having any treatment issues perhaps, go there - but good luck in finding one.  

Good for you that you have no side effects and I mean that.  I wish that were true for everyone.  The reality is closer to what you said.  There will always be a FEW.  But the reality is that the MAJORITY of people WILL experience side effects.  Here, on this forum, we talk about that, we help with ideas on how to combat them to be able to keep adhering to treatment and yes, on the really tough days, this is one of the FEW places where we are able to just let it rip and say "I don't think I can get through this".  I can't tell you how many times I've seen that kind of post, seen everybody rally around that person.....and then in a few weeks and beyond, have seen THAT person rallying around the NEXT person who says "I don't think I can do this anymore" and watching them go on to rally themselves mentally, to "suck it up, buttercup", finish their treatment and in alot of cases, get their cure.

Maybe you have a hard time reading about the difficulties.  Then take a break from the forum.  Alot of us have had to step back because it CAN get to be a bit hard on you mentally to read about the difficulties people are having.  That means you should step back, not that other people should be silenced here.  That is my personal opinion on that.  I do think that many people go quiet when things get really tough, I do myself.  I largely disappeared here for awhile when things were really bad for me which ended up being POST treatment.  When I was in a better place, I came back.

If you DO encounter side effects as you continue through treatment and I hope you don't, then there is not much better place to be than this.

I would not want to silence the voices of those who need support by branding them as negative for telling their own truth.  I would rather see this as a safe place where people can post their own treatment experiences and get the help they need so that they make it to the finish line.
I never metioned silencing the post or comments of others. We living with hep c and this a forum and  liek all forums all views should be allowed and neagitivity is my sense of my posting in forgetting sometimes to cuddle those around you.. give them cuddles,warmth and a tap on th bqck and push them bac up again.
we can all have negative moments but positive ones are also important
"I never metioned silencing the post or comments of others. We living with hep c and this a forum and  liek all forums all views should be allowed and neagitivity is my sense of my posting in forgetting sometimes to cuddle those around you.. give them cuddles,warmth and a tap on th bqck and push them bac up again.
we can all have negative moments but positive ones are also important "

When you criticize people speaking with their real voice, you're suggesting they should silence it, that is how I view it.  Maybe you haven't been here long enough.  There is an incredible groundswell of support for those that need it.  I don't know how I would have gotten through treatment without this place.  If it does not meet your needs, then I hope you find some other place that does.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here, I don't want to argue back and forth over a perspective we obviously disagree on.  I know you mean well and I appreciate your intent.

I also hope your treatment is incredibly successful and that you manage all the way through without side effects.  If you don't, you'll find support here.  Good luck.

Trish
I have not seen any negative energy or thoughts here. What people experience "they feel" and they are venting to express themselves. Its easy to be postive when all is well!
I was very positive before I started tx and thruout tx. However come week 6 or so....my positivity just turned into being sicker and sicker- I was still positive! You need to realize that for some people here 72 weeks is a very very long time to feel sick and have low HGB among all the other sx.
I dont think personally this has ANYTHING to do with negativity.
Wish you well.