anti HBsAg levels in Hepatitis B resolution phase
I had severe jaundice one year ago with HBsAg positive status.
LFT was normal after 3 monts (SGOT and SGPT importantly)
No antiviral treatment was taken.
Now the test resultsare confusing.
HBsAg: positive
HBeAg: Negative
Anti-HBsAg : 13.2 mIU/mL
does it mean that antiboies are being formed and the infection will be eliminated. pl interprete.

This is a tough one indeed.  Here are my thoughts, and please anyone else chime in if you want.

- If you have had HBsAG positive for over 6 months, you are considered a chronic carrier.  However, about 90-95% of the people who are infected with HBsAG will develop antibodies on their own (Anti-HBs) within 6 months.  The 6 month mark is a general guideline.

- The cutoff for Anti-HBs for no immunity is less than 5 mIU/mL, and indeterminate between 5 and 12... anything greater than 12 is considered in most reference ranges to be immune against HBsAG.

I have 2 theories here:

1. Your body is developing antibodies at a slow rate, but is currently at the point where the antibodies are at a high enough level to be detected, which MAY indicate that your body will eventually be able to ward off the HBsAG.

2. Perhaps you had a Anti-HBs vaccination in the past?  In which case the remnants of the Antibody vaccine will show up in your lab results.

--I hope this helps.  If you have not had any Anti-HBs vaccines, then your body is definitely building up antibodies on it's own.  That is a good sign.  Please follow up with your doctor to see if that is also his opinion.  As for my own opinion, this would be the point where I ask the doctor to give me a 'booster' injection of Anti-HBs to help my body develop more antibodies to speed up the process of completely fighting off the virus.  Again, that's just my opinion.

Keep us posted!
leeac
Actually i did not have any vaccination against Hepatitis B.
In 2nd week of july i will be doing anti-HBsAg , and HBsAg testing. I will let u know the results as soon as they are done.
If the results appear unchanged then i will perform HBV DNA test also and let u know.
my physician wants to wait till these results are at hand before boostering with the vaccine. he says it may interfere with the HBsAg antigen testing. pl advice