Hepatitis C Community
any relapsers sofosbuvir/GS-5885 + riba 12 wks?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

does anyone know of any relapsers of the 12 week sofosbuvir/GS-5885 plus riba tx?

assuming they reached and remained UND after week 4?

if so, were they Tx naive, null responders or prior relapsers to interferon?

thanks
Data sets are not available from the two trials, Sofosbuvir/Ledipasvir + or - Ribavirin. ION-1 was only for treatment naive. ION-2 just started in January in treatment experienced patients.

Very few patients are not undetectable by week 4 at the latest assuming adequate dosing . Most are undetectable by weeks 2-3.

There are no "breakthroughs" with Sofosbuvir as with interferon based treatments. Sofosbuvir has high barrier to viral resistance. No S282T resistance mutations have been detected. So patients don't fail during treatment.

So the vast majority people that fail treatment do so AFTER stopping treatment.

The treatment terminology used is based on interferon treatment and does not apply to Sofosbuvir based treatments without peg-interferon.

Good luck.
Hector
Hector, you are correct.  I'm in ION-2 and am Tx experienced (I failed triple Tx w/incivek).  I've been UND since week 2 of the ION-2 trial.  

I also am interested if there are any relapsers post Tx.

HC
Hi hepcat.

Being undetectable since week two is an excellent response!
Keep staying compliant by not missing any doses and you should have an excellent chance of SRV.

Look for complete data set from your trial at the following...
* http://www.gilead.com/press
* The EASL Meeting this April 24-28 (If data is available then)
* The AASLD meeting in November 1-5 of this year.
* HCV New Drug Research - http://hepatitiscnewdrugs.blogspot.com/

Good luck with your trial!

Hector
At my last bolod draw (4-5-2013) the doc said 2 out of 100 (in my group) had relapsed. Both had not reached UND by week 4 when on the 12 week study, but had achieved UND by the 12 th week. I am not sure when they tested positive after Tx. probably on the 2 week draw.
i assume they were on the combo pill (sofosbuvir/GS-5885) +- riba?

know anything more? i guess not..wonder if that info is out on the net yet (besides what you've reported)

from all the reading i have done, and confirmed by my study nurse, is that UND by week 4 is more than a benchmark, but an indicator of high chance of success (so far at least) and only 12 week of Tx is necessary, not 24
Here are my results:

Week 1: <25
Week 2: und
Week 4: <25
Week 6: und
Week 8: und
Week 10: und

I stop treatment next Wednesday and take my week 12 test.

I think that's bad news for me as far as relapsing is concerned.
That is what my Doc told me also...but....EVERYBODY IS DIFFERENT and the combo is VERY aggressive. I'm such a "hard case" I expect relapse news after every blood draw that's taken.

Eki1...Keep the faith. Your weekly report doesn't look bad. I would bet you were UND again RIGHT AFTER week 4 blood draw giving you 2 mos of clearing.

The best we can do is keep our fingers crossed and pray :)
Thank you very much!  That does give me comfort!
please keep us informed and more power to you...i hope we all overcome this  scourge

i also think your labs are good but what do i know?  it does seem to me once you've been clear for 2 months, you're good to go and i hope that is the case for you and all of us
Thanks, Matt!  That sounds good to me!
your a young guy Eki...you've got a lot ahead of you..i am 57 and have lived with this for 3 or 4 decades, depending how and when i contracted HCV..if it were not for good family genes, i doubt i would have survived this long.

it will be icing on the cake if this works. good luck to us all!
that should be "you're"  ..doh
Eki1,

I hope you make it to SVR.  

cheese
I have been watching all of these new trials and results. Anxiously awaiting all the results.  Hang in there your doing great!!!  

Besjt jules