anyone taking drugs for fibro
I am still wondering if anyone has experience with taking any of the three drugs recommended for fibromyalgia, with having hep c? Mainly there are three only to treat fibro, Lyrica, Cymbalta, Savella. I have hep c and they all warn of liver problems. I am having so much trouble with fibro that I am wondering if the help would outweigh the risk to my liver. I am not in cirrhosis, at least not 2 years ago on biopsy, I was F1-F2. I do not drink. If any of you take any of these or  have had any success treating the fibro with hep C, please let me know. Thks!
Hi when I treated the first time I was in excruiating pain, had awful cramping all the time.  At first I was given Vicodin (not really good for 48 weeks) then another doctor gave me Lyrica.  At the time it was felt that the benefits outweighed the risks.  My doctor said I had to do what ever I could to get through the tx so I could be free of the HCV.  Many things are bad for the liver however I do think that it helped me.  I am now SVR after treating with the Inf, Riba, Incivek.  My doctor wanted me to try Cymbalta however I chose another anti depressant.
Good luck to you
Dee
p.s. I don't have the pain I had with HCV. I was at one point in so much pain it was thought I had rheumatoid arthritis, it turned out it was the HCV causing me pain
Hi thks for your reply! I have not treated for the hep c yet. I have been trying to wait for the interferon free meds to come out next year. I have good blood tests and low enzymes but very high viral load. I have wondered if some of these joint pains might be from the hep c. I think I did acquire the fibro with the hep c, I read that it happens like that sometimes. I do have irritable bowel and other things with the effects of fibro. I do not want to make my liver worse and they say these meds might just do that. I have taken Lyrica for a few times and it helps but it gives me a monster appetite and I do not want to put more stress on these joints! I am already at 180. Maybe I should go ahead with Lyrica and try to treat with the 3 meds like you. How was the side effects of the interferon? Thankfully all my kids are grown and I do not work so I could get through it. IT might help me with all this chronic pain I have now.
I have both or I should say I had both. I was treated and cured for hep C!
I have been suffering with fybro for over 20 years. It continually gets worse.
Hey there is nothing more importand than your vital organs. DO NOT TAKE ANYTHING THAT IS KNOWN TO DAMAGE YOUR LIVER. If you don't know ask, please,  have lost freinds it's no joke!
Before I was told I had Hep C. they gave me everything. THEY DON'T WORK. If they worked It would be on the 5:00 news,
And  some of those drugs pulled of the market with class actions suites.
At this point I take Morfhine, 2 types of muscle relaxers anti-depressents, sleepings pills.I still suffer! I have to say it would be unbearable with out.
Ya my big hope was "maybe this chemotherapy will take all this away"
IT DIDN'T WORK!  Ahh maybe someday.
Take care of yourself my sister woman, with all that life can be beautiful,
your in charge.
If you need me
you friend