Hepatitis C Community
anyone using gamma interferon(actimmune) and rebetol?

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

four years ago i took interferon and ribavirin for a year with no good results. six weeks ago i started  gamma interferon with rebetol. so far no side effects except some shortness of breath the second week but now no problems. after the second week my ast and alt were both down to within normal range. at starting six weeks ago my pcr was just under 3 million. at eight weeks it will be tested again so am hoping for some good news for a change. i haven't had a drink in six years since finding i was positive for hep c and never smoked in my life so hope thats in my favor. i'm surprised at some post where people say they will have a few drinks a week or a couple of smokes. isn't that  having your head in the sand? as i understand it smoking and alcohol are definitely out of the picture. i keep looking at the forums and see nobody mentioning the gamma interferon - brand name 'actimmune' -so would just like to here from anyone injecting it and what kind of results they are getting. good luck to all of you and thanks for any responses. robbyrobb