Hepatitis C Community
bitter taste in mouth on tx
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

bitter taste in mouth on tx

in my 4th week on tx ive been havin a bitter taste in the mouth.  my tx diet has been heavy on the liver. i eat a teaspoon of cow butter with the riba, n almost 250gram of chicken daily. also ingested 6 drops of ethanol a day for 3 days(homeopathic med for my eye)
now decided not to use any alcohol at all. anybody else had bitter taste on tx? PCR comin tommorow
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
ALt at 4 weeks is 31 on 0 - 40 scale.
Blank
sorry that was 31 on 0-42 scale
Blank
132578_tn?1189759437
I started treatment on March 28th. The funk found my mouth on March 29th. Lets see... whats today ? Yep , still here 11/05/06.
Blank
149918_tn?1208132344
I would descride it the same way 52tele did, the funk, I am very aware of it and always carry gum with me. Pam
Blank
Sometimes a piece of chocolate will help.  Biotene mouthwash - rinse often - I've had it since day 1 - now on week 10.  It's from the meds.
Blank
Yes I can relate to the bad taste in my mouth during tx and also I had so many canker sores!  I would get at times as many as 4 or 5 and no longer get them to clear,,,that more would start breaking out again.  That really makes it hard to eat!
Blank
137539_tn?1344383528
Ummmm Yep nasty taste with TX, I was just complaining about it this morning.  Other than brushing my teeth 50 million times a day I can't seem to really get rid of it.  Maybe it will go away post TX
Blank
132578_tn?1189759437
Check this out...
As if the taste wasn't bad enough , I'm going on about 8 months
with cracked lips , upper and lower. In an effort to try and control the cracking , I'm using whatever I can find , and I say it that way because nothing works , so it really doesn't matter what you use... , the stuff on my lips gets into my mouth during the night and mixes with the already nasty
"substance" that causes the bitter taste and -voia'la- even thicker , nastier funk that has to be scraped off of your tounge because its no longer water soluble!!!!

Blank
154927_tn?1205246451
Wow..I guess I am pretty lucky (so far).  I can't really taste ANYTHING..no taste at all to most of my food. I CAN taste chocolate & raspberries tho!! Thank God!
It also makes it difficult to grocery shop for the family's weekly meals. When you don't have any taste, nothing at the store seems appealing & it's hard to come up with ideas for meals for my family.
I'm sorry that alot of you have that funk in your mouthes tho.
I hope I never get it.
E
Blank
Strange things in deed.  I was in the twilight zone with no script. Every day would start with me buried under this thing that, well there was no description.  I tried to fight it and ended up just adding to the negitive, was it me? whats wrong with me?   And though now I am doing much better, it seems to be coming back or I should say, I am leaving.  Weak legs and arms. But as I am snapping at my kids and thier friends this week end I must quickly say something funny. Don't read this
Blank
And food.  Nothing changed for me.  But Im single and my little kids have said nothing but I can't taste anything.  I am the only one who has gained waight?  I went from loose 36 waist to tight 38
Blank
LOL I can relate to feeling like I had entered the "Twilight Zone"  I often prayed there was a way out!
Seems like alot to tend to gain and others lose.  I lost but as soon as I stopped the meds,,,piles right back on :(
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank