bitter taste in mouth on tx
in my 4th week on tx ive been havin a bitter taste in the mouth.  my tx diet has been heavy on the liver. i eat a teaspoon of cow butter with the riba, n almost 250gram of chicken daily. also ingested 6 drops of ethanol a day for 3 days(homeopathic med for my eye)
now decided not to use any alcohol at all. anybody else had bitter taste on tx? PCR comin tommorow
ALt at 4 weeks is 31 on 0 - 40 scale.
sorry that was 31 on 0-42 scale
I started treatment on March 28th. The funk found my mouth on March 29th. Lets see... whats today ? Yep , still here 11/05/06.
I would descride it the same way 52tele did, the funk, I am very aware of it and always carry gum with me. Pam
Sometimes a piece of chocolate will help.  Biotene mouthwash - rinse often - I've had it since day 1 - now on week 10.  It's from the meds.
Yes I can relate to the bad taste in my mouth during tx and also I had so many canker sores!  I would get at times as many as 4 or 5 and no longer get them to clear,,,that more would start breaking out again.  That really makes it hard to eat!
Ummmm Yep nasty taste with TX, I was just complaining about it this morning.  Other than brushing my teeth 50 million times a day I can't seem to really get rid of it.  Maybe it will go away post TX
Check this out...
As if the taste wasn't bad enough , I'm going on about 8 months
with cracked lips , upper and lower. In an effort to try and control the cracking , I'm using whatever I can find , and I say it that way because nothing works , so it really doesn't matter what you use... , the stuff on my lips gets into my mouth during the night and mixes with the already nasty
"substance" that causes the bitter taste and -voia'la- even thicker , nastier funk that has to be scraped off of your tounge because its no longer water soluble!!!!

Wow..I guess I am pretty lucky (so far).  I can't really taste ANYTHING..no taste at all to most of my food. I CAN taste chocolate & raspberries tho!! Thank God!
It also makes it difficult to grocery shop for the family's weekly meals. When you don't have any taste, nothing at the store seems appealing & it's hard to come up with ideas for meals for my family.
I'm sorry that alot of you have that funk in your mouthes tho.
I hope I never get it.
E
Strange things in deed.  I was in the twilight zone with no script. Every day would start with me buried under this thing that, well there was no description.  I tried to fight it and ended up just adding to the negitive, was it me? whats wrong with me?   And though now I am doing much better, it seems to be coming back or I should say, I am leaving.  Weak legs and arms. But as I am snapping at my kids and thier friends this week end I must quickly say something funny. Don't read this
And food.  Nothing changed for me.  But Im single and my little kids have said nothing but I can't taste anything.  I am the only one who has gained waight?  I went from loose 36 waist to tight 38
LOL I can relate to feeling like I had entered the "Twilight Zone"  I often prayed there was a way out!
Seems like alot to tend to gain and others lose.  I lost but as soon as I stopped the meds,,,piles right back on :(