Hepatitis C Community
blood clots

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

blood clots

could blood clots (appearing as bruises) hold any connection to hepatitis c inflammation and cirrhosis of the liver if so what is the prognosis and possible treatment of said question, if not what could be the cause of the aforementioned blood clots.
When the liver isn't working as it should, platelets tend to drop and clotting time can increase.. simple bumps , which normally would have been dismissed, can cause bruising. so , if your liver is compromised, what you're seeing may well be bruising as a result of the componenets in your blood not working as they should... CLOTS in vessels, such as in legs.. can cause redness, swelling, heat, tendeness, and pain.. CLOTS need immediate attention, as they can break loose and go to heart or lungs!!
you didn't give much info, but if this is a concern to you, or  you are experiencing unusual bruising, or an abnormal amount of it, you'd be wise to get to your doc....take care...
yuk
sh
You cannot believe the empathy I feel for you! Holy Sh*t, we're in it up to our necks. I can so relate to how you are doing, and feel exactly the same. My body feels full of lead, and my brain feels full of bugs. I haven't the energy or gumption to do ANYTHING. Everything is a chore. Eating is nasty. Sleeping is impossible. Showering can wait. Work is a misery. Hospitals are terrifying. Friends and family are disappointing. Nerves are shot. etc. etc. etc. Don't ya just wanna dig a hole somewhere and ......???

But Sammy, WE WILL CARRY ON!!! How the hell can this space of time, these circumstances and these fates possibly destroy us now? We have gone through too much to let either this frikken virus or these god-awful meds bring us to our knees. We are warriors! We are strong! And we are going to survive this mess with all the pride, dignity, courage and resolve that we can call upon. RIGHTTTTTT????

Whew...feel like I just ran a marathon or something.

Please be well Sam, we really need that wit, wisdom, and charm of yours. You are needed.

Cuteus, Honey and Ring.......I am a mess and all this concentration I've used in writing Sam has pooped me out. Above all the other day to day tasks I have to undertake, writing about my husband is impossible. I simply cannot figure out how to keep you informed as to his status without it taking every ounce of my being and all 7 threads!! But in a nutshell, after he was hospitalized here for 2 weeks, then 5 more in Van. he was home for 13 days and now is hospitalized here, again since Wed. Bacteria actually developed from burst appendix and was mis-diagnosed for a full month before they clued in. (much more complicated, but you get my drift). He is not in ICU any longer and we are hoping for a liver transplant after all infection is gone. What a frikken nightmare!!!!! Hey, on the upside...only 3 more weeks for me on Tx and then watch out, baby, those doctors are scared of me NOW, wait till I get my strength back and the bugs outta my head!!!! I'll be a bloody force to be reckoned with.   Your friend,  Couch
I'm truly sorry!!  Couch,,,honestly,,,I don't know how you have done it,,,maintaining your tx while you have been going through all this.  You are one strong Lady!!  I will pray for you and your hubby!!  Please keep us posted anyway you can and if you ever need to talk,,,email me!!  Love & Prayers to Both of you!!!
wow.....I am praying for you and your hubby.  The words you wrote to Sam are oh, so true about life on tx.  Sometimes it just seems like there is no opening out of the tunnel.....you certainly are a Warrior...so much to take care of.  Words cannot describe what you are going through........take care of yourself and rest when you need it.  Three weeks to go!!!! Good for you....I was my Mom's Health advocate when she was in the hospital and it takes a lot of energy to fight for "rights"....Yes, those doctors need to worry about it when you are in "full force"  lol....
Love to you!
the things we find the strength to do when we have no choices!  You look at the fathomable task ahead and think:" i can't possibly do this anymore" and then you take one more step forward and keep stepping, because you must.
What a heartache to learn that drs can't even diagnosed you right when you are in their possession! What anger you must have felt when they said"oops" it was this all along and we missed it"  did you smack anyone in the head?
I pray that  your personal struggle brings that coveted SVR! Indy has a new bus! check it out at hot heps.
stay well
Thanks for all your kind words and prayer's, I still remember all the prayers that came our way from here when this all first happened and I was very touched.

It's strange cuteus, I have just switched to automatic through all this and take my meds (haven't missed a single shot or pill), but I don't even care about SVR anymore! Seems like it is the least of my worries, but maybe that is also because I KNOW deep in my gut that I will make it. My struggle with tx has taken a back seat with me, my friends and family. All focus is on getting hubby better, and I just buck up and DO IT!

No, have not physically smacked anybody yet, but no promises for the future!! They must wonder about me though. This crazy lady with the patchy head of hair, pale skin, and droopy drawers ( I have lost 25 pounds in 2 months), standing all of 5'3 marching towards them demanding action, through all the tears and gutter mouth. Yeah, I just BET they are running scared!!! LOL    Couch
Hey, you made me laugh so hard when I read your last post....I can almost see you........you are a sweetie...so strong!!!  You still have a great sense of humor......(I have a patchy head too)  Love to you..Tell hubby we are sending him lots of positive energy!!!!