Hepatitis C Community
borderline reactive
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

borderline reactive

hi my name harpreet singh,and i am 27 years old , a i am newly married and my wife age is 25 year .my wife is suffering from hepatitis c antibody : borderline reactive,1.00s/c. i am from india from city chandigarh i am so worried about her plz help me plz..our treatment is running in P.G.I hospital chandigarh .but i dont know what to do.they r not telling as any thing what is going on i had search in google so i am so much worried about this .if ur able to helh me plz  kindly plz if u love some one, help me i love her so much...i cant live without her.  .and she is unsure pregnet docter r not sure that she is pregnet they r telling as only some thing is in but they r not sure is this a baby  or any thing as..i dont know so much english but i had write all thing about my wife .her name is pooja plz help me what to do plz contact me plzzz
Blank
Hi there. having a bit of a tough time  understanding your post ..however I believe it says that you think you wife has tested positive for Hepc antibodies.

In order to confirm wether or not she has active Hepc infection she would need further testing... a HCV/RNA by PCR blood test  will tell the doctor if this is a false positive test or not (as the reactive is very weak)  or if she was once exposed to HCV and cleared the virus on her own ..or indeed has active infection.

If she has active infection there are  succesful treatments available...however I am unfamiliar with the availability in you part of the world,

Hope that helps..

Will