Hepatitis C Community
broken nails
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

broken nails

My fingernails keep breaking far below the quick. I've tried polish and it didn't help. I try to remeber to keep them short but they just keep breaking on thier own.  Any ideas on how to resolve this minor problem ?
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have always had strong nails but they got very weak on treatment.  There are nail strengtheners you can buy at the store.  Keeping them trimmed is the best way.
Blank
I've treated twice and both times my nails got weaker.  Before treatment they're like iron and during treatment they get soft.  Since I'm a guy I just keep them short all the time anyway.  Just wanted you to know that it's not permanent.  After treatment they eventually go back to normal.
Blank
Glad you ask, I got something different my nail on thumb keeds bleeding under nail! been doin for 3 weeks
dont remembr hitin it, doc says it not side afect, anyone else ever hsve problem? all blood counts good
Blank
131817_tn?1209532911
My nails seem stronger on tx. I have always had weak nails and have had them 'done'. Now with no energy, I gave that up. But my nails seem stronger and grow more now. I heard bones can grow too! Something positive in this dreadful stuff.
Blank
163305_tn?1333672171
I haven't started tx yet so maybe once I start, the nails will change.  Thanks
Blank
My nails got very thin on tx, I am 7 months out now, & they are improving.. but I still can't get any length past the finger tips & they will bend backwards (like paper) unless I do what alady mentioned & put a strengthener or hardner on them!

Maybe you'll get lucky & they'll do just the opposite of what they are doing now!!
:)
Blank
137539_tn?1344383528
My nails have also gotten stronger on treatment.  It almost reminds me of when I was pregnant with my youngest.  they seemed to grow better than ever.  If I can say anything good about being on this TX it's that right now I have beautiful nails.  LOL But that's about all.
Blank
154927_tn?1205246451
I just keep a pair of (your own personal)clippers & a nail file close by. Mine seem to be very thin now, but that could also be because I took the acrylic nails off & that ripped some of my natural layers off.
-E
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank