bruised liver?
Hi guys :)

last wednesday i was trimming the hedge whilst on the ladder, leaning against it and i lent over to far and the top of the ladder pressed into my lower ribs on the right, i felt a sharp pain from front to back. I stopped and after a few seconds i was fine and carried on.

I was out gardening again yesterday, saturday, and in the evening i felt a niggle in my back. This morning i woke up with a pain front and back, it feels like my liver -  just behind the bottom of my right rib cage, hurts to touch. In some positions it's fine and doesn't hurt, but in some not. It's only at the bottom of my ribcage, front nad back, not right up to my shoulder blade. I have no symptoms consistent with a bruised liver, although i do have the normal hangover feelings as i did have a few beers lastnight.

any thoughts?

thanks

Aqi
Sorry, this is a hepatitis forum.
Yeah i'm sorry about that, there was no other forum that was related to the liver :)
better go to your Pcp if symptoms persist, there is no way anyone can tell what it is without examining you.
please go to the dr and ask...and get the c scan or mri and it will tell you what's wrong...if serious or not...no one will be able to tell you anything until a dr checks it out...you may need an xray to rule out cracked ribs or something bone related...there are other things it that could have happened too...take it seriously...

beers,hedges,and ladders don't mix!!! :O) i pray all will be well...
I can't find a forum for bruised livers either. I fell off my mountain bike and landed with my right ribs against the log. I was ok and finished the ride. Felt a little beat up the next day. The feeling of maybe cracked ribs persisted. After a week I thought I was having problems with my stomac not feeling right. A Dr. friend said I might have bruised my liver. I then checked the bottom of my feet for the area that pertains to the liver and it was painful but so was the Thyroid area. In any case, I now can feel the liver under my ribs in the front and it feels like there is some internal blood or fluid there. Still hurts when I cough or touch it. Does anyone know whether this liquid should reabsorb and heal? Can I exercise?
gd