Hepatitis C Community
burning soles feet

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

burning soles feet

The soles of my feet start burning at night. Feels like i may have stepped in acid. Any comments or suggestions?
Tags: feet, burning
I got the very same thing with the meds.  I presume you are on interferon and riba and you have hepC?  

Anyway yes I got it.  The first time it morphed into a hard scaly eczema and all the skin peeled off the soles of my feet.  The same happened to my hands.  After that it was just hot, hot, hot feet.  I never found anything to help, just had to stick my feet out from under the covers at night.  

I think it's an allergic reaction to the meds.  Can also be brought on by intense emotional stress - which just about everybody gets on tx at some point.  

dointime
whoa....I had that burning on the soles of my feet. freaked me out on tx. I put cold ice packs on my feet...It helped.  Only had it a few times, but it was freaky!  It never happened again and I am glad. I do have problems now with Fibromyalgia and hurting feet, not the burning now that I am on Lyrica. I know some with Fibro have the burning feet too..  Hope that isn't it. You can check out the Fibro/CFS board....I just remember it on tx as being so bad.  Wishing you well!
wow i have the balls of both of my feet doing that at night, if i massage them as hard as i can between the ball and heel along the inside i get some relief!!!!!!!!!!!
one thing that also works for me is standing on a tennis ball and moving my foot slowly back and forth along arch "redneck foot massager"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wake up alot in the early morning with this. It is a severe pain with unbearable burning. I relieve it by massaging it and sometimes getting out of bed and walking. Mine seems to be on my left foot along the outside along the bony area. It actually feels like it is the bone hurting but I suspect it is related to neuropathy.
Try googling 'neuropathy'. Also diabetes and vascular problems. You'll find there are over half a dozen things that an cause neuropathy, but, with the exception of diabetes, it doesn't matter much what the cause is because there isn't much you can do about it. Omega 3 fish oil, a couple other things. Right now the tennis ball idea souinds pretty good to me.
When doctors come up with nothing, look up Eyrthromelalgia on the web, join the yahoo groups, then try to educate your doctors Took 12 years for me to be diagnosed.. Some Drs are easier than others. Yale is doing research as we speak for those of us who have it for for those who will have it. Do Not ice your feet. You will do tissue damage.
Hope you don't have it.
I had exactly the same experience as dointime. Burning hands and feet and my skin peeling. Fortunately it wasn't every night, and didn't last all the way through tx. Hopefully it'll run its course and not plague you through tx.
well i have completely different feeling... some what 180 degree change as i have a very strong feeling of COLD/ICY palms & feet soles during night and some time in the day . i am also on tx , completed week 24
You have the classic symptoms of plantar fasciitis. If this turns out to be the cause there are remedies, one being the use of orthotics.  I know that it can be very painful. I hope you can find some relief.
ML