cirrhosis of the liver side effects
I have a friend who has cirrhosis of the liver and she has trouble with her hands.  There are days she can't feed herself.  Is this a side effect of the cirrhosis?
Severe joint pain often comes with late stage liver disease. So yes, it could be the cirrhosis, especially if it is from HCV.

didn't mean to scare you. I do know people with joint and muscle pain who have little scarring in their livers. It is the severity of the joint pain that makes me feel it is late stage for the friend. Their is a disease called cryoglobulinemia that causes joint pain and a lot of hep C patients test postive for that. It can be treated with interferon.
thanks for info you guys seem to know more than most of the incompetent doctors out there . big help!!!!!!thanx once again.xxxdean
been aching all the time and i am waiting for biopsy date . dr prescribed me some tramadol {tramal}i am feeling the best ive been for a long time . no more aches n pains .is it true that my hep maybe severe.biopsy soon cant wait. waiting ,waiting,dont scare me like that starting to worry now.
hi there and welcome to MH, I took the liberty to copy my post to another person and am pasting it here for you.

here is some good threads to read, scroll down to:
What Questions to Ask - sunshine143: 06/29/2005
HCV resources? - wantalivlong: 06/23/2005
To treat or not to treat - wantalivlong: 06/20/2005

these threads migh give you an overview on some of the forum members stats and reasons for the decissions they have made.

it is a good place to start your decission process.
stick around here, It is the best forum around.
Hi I'm new to this ,I just was told I have stage4 Cirrhosis and should be treated with interferon. What is the traetment like and what can I except. Is it worth worth going on stat disabiltity while I'm taking the treatment? Also at the same time I've broken out in psoriosis,is it related I read that it could get worse with the treatment.
Can you give me some input.havn't agree or commited to anything yet.Also I've been directed that wolfberry juice and mangosteen juice can be a help to a healthier liver ,any input ther?
I cant seem to post a new topicso maybe i can sort of hijack this thread..
I have cirrhosis , the Doctor just had me do an MRI. is there any reason why a doc will rec an mri instead of a biopsy?
You might want to insert this question somewhere closer to the top for it to be seen. Good question-but I don't have the answer. frank
sometimes i itch and twitch to where its so annoying.i heard it was a side effect of cirrhosis. what do i do?
My Mother is suffering from Liver cirrhosis 3rd stage. She has Osteo Arthritis (used to take Glucosamine and calcium tablest) and nerves weaknes (takes neurokind plus) because of which her knees are paining and could not walk. She is not able to take any medication because of Liver Cirrhosis and she is on bed for the past 14 days. Doctors say she cannot be given any medicine to reduce knee pains because of cirrhosis (has jaundice as well). Kindly suggest me a way so that I can see my mother walking soon.....

Regards,
Srikar