colonoscopy
I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy monday. has anyone who had this done have any problems taking the ribavirin on a empty stomach  for a day and a half. kind of worried about getting sick. any suggestions
I never had problems taking it on an empty stomach. Now that I know about taking it with fat, I always do. Before that, I could take it with just water.
Have you asked your dr? Could be wax, or something more serious. I would have it checked. you have been having this too long!
try those ear candles for the wax. you will be suprised what comes out of your ears. on the average about a one inch plug of dirt & wax will come out of each ear. it feels great when you are done.
This advice is probably too late, but with the protocol I followed, I was allowed a normal bkfast the day before colonoscophy with liquid lunch and dinner and fasting only required I believe after midnight or something that night.

So, if you for example if I had my colonoscophy scheduled first thing Monday morning, I would only have to skip one non-liquid meal, that being Sunday night and if it were me I'd probably load up more on my morning riba that day than the evening -- in other words if I were taking six pills, I'd probably go for four in morning with food and two in evening without.  

You then would take your Monday ribavirin with your first meal Monday after the colonoscophy, as the 12-hour spacing IMO is less important than taking the riba with food.

However, your protocol appears to be different and probably not enough time to speak to your doctor, which of course you must clear this all through.

Good luck!

-- Jim
i'm due to have one next yr after i turn 50. my wife had one and the procedure is easy, it is drinking the stuff the day before to clean you out that is bad. on the tolit most of the day before and the stuff you drink top clean you out tastes awful from she said.
it's just like you discribed it ear pounding, ear ringing not being able to  pop them very painful sometimes been with me for the last four months
A couple of months ago you posted about ear problems like being underwater constantly not being able to pop your ears  well I'm having the same problems were you ever able to clear them up is it do to low wbc or something  I'm on wk 30/48 I hope you are feeling well
I get pounding in the ears sometimes. But pretty much that is gone. I have almost forgotten about it. Sure glad I don't keep a journal, I would probably be sure to dive under the covers for good.

How long has it been bothering you. Can you describe it better?
Don't know when your wife had hers done, but the newer "clean out" is gentler and doesn't require as much "down" time :) Comparing my colonoscophy prep six years ago with the one I had last year was like night and day.
Higher copays. Shorter office visits. And now they're taking all the fun out of the colonoscopy?!? What's it coming to Jim? Next they'll replace the good mags down at the fertility clinic with Martha Stewart Living....

<small>oh well, half the pages were stuck together anyway</small>
What are ear candies? Wax can be really painful! My husband has so much wax, he could start a hive! It's no wonder he can't hear half the time. Geez, and inch and a half plugs????

I have used those drops to loosen the wax. Then flush it with water. A water pic worked best. Sometimes it still didn't get those plugs out! A few times I had to have the dr. do it. Now I make sure I get the wax out after showering and I don't have the build up anymore