Hepatitis C Community
concerned and worried
About This Community:

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

concerned and worried

I'm sorry ahead of time I do not know if I am posting in the right section. But I was recently at the hospital and stepped in dry blood. I informed the nurses and they all acted like it wasn't a problem and left it there...I am worried because I have an 11month old son who crawls and puts his hands in his mouth (like normal babies) I do not know how long the blood was there. I also do not know if it had any contagious pathogens but assuming the worst. Is it possible that my son could become infected with hepatitis or hiv if he had a cut on his hand or put his hands in his mouth after crawling where I stepped. Please any help is appreciated. Thank you.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
683231_tn?1408489117
Risk is extremely small to non existant

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/c/cfaq.htm
Blank
Thank you
Blank
9662954_tn?1405609759
Good lord, please tell me your child was not crawling around on a hospital floor?  If so never let that happen again. Mistakes happen.  If that truly is the case, you can talk to the hospital infectious control incident nurse or department and they will provide free testing after they look into the date and time of the incident.  Stepping in it is one thing, baby eating it is another and I have no idea how fresh it was?  Nowadays you can wear a mask and shoe covers when going into a hospital.  Always err on the side of caution. So report, be prepared for details and then testing.  Only if they determine there was an infectious disease risk.  Good luck. Stay safe and keep your baby safe.  Best of all, unless sick,keep your young ones home.  Dbz
Blank
Oh no no  he was at home. I walked in to my house a few hours later and then freaked out when I remembered...I would never let him crawl at a hospital or a store ect. Just in homes of family and friends :) and ours pf course
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis C Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank