Hepatitis C Community
confused

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

confused

Hello!
I need your opinion.
Last week I was at the hairdresser to get clipped. On the scalp, I have a mole increased. Inadvertently, the barber, picked the mole with the comb, and a scratch on it, but not hard. After 5 minutes, I put on that little wound, a swab with alcohol and noticed a few droplets of blood.
Do you think there is any risk of infection with a virus?
Dermatologist, said that he can not say that there is no risk, but that I should not worry me.
What is your opinion?
I want to say that, shearing, probably lasted 20-25 minutes, and the accident occurred at the end of the operation.
Thank you!
A beautiful day!
There is no chance, the instruments are sterilized.  The derm was just covering his A__
Have a great day
I would not count on a hair salon or barber shop to sterilize their equipment. Even with that I don't think the scenario you describe has much of a risk, if any at all.
To put your mind at ease next time you get a blood test add a hep panel.

Best of luck
excuse me, i don't understand what you said about the blood test..
Thank you for answers.
There might be a very very very very slight risk IF your barber didn't sterilize his equipment, if you are worried get a blood test for hepatitis to ease your anxiety about the matter (hep panel covers hep a, b, and c)

Ok.but when can i take the blood test ?
thank you all !