Hepatitis C Community
confusion, severity of illness

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

confusion, severity of illness

My husband has been disabled from hep c for 5 years.  He was an extremely strong healthy man and got into some nasty chemicals.  He was soon severly ill and diagnosed with hep c.  He got a little better, but has steadily declined.  From day one, he has suffered from bouts of severe nite sweats, confused thinking and temporary memory problems, with headaches.  Sometimes if it is a really bad episode, he will have spasms like a seizure and I cannot wake him by any means.  Of course he will have no memory of these severe times.  The new gastro dr wants epilepsy eliminated, he says the symptons have nothing to do with his c though he is in a very advanced state.  My argument is that these things began with the onset of his acute symptons.  I don't believe he has developed epilepsy, I've dealt with epilepsy in both a brother and a son for all his growing up years, from partials to grand malls and in between.  I truly believe my husband is failing, I watch the fatigue grow every day.  He walks every morning and pushes it, but it exhausts him for the day.  Some are better than others, but I am very frustrated in the lack of info.  Also need a source of the approx norms for all these tests.  I am going to start keeping my own notebook of everything.  Thank you for any response you can give