continuation to thread 'What are the long term effcets of treatment?'
1.to Can-do-man : the original ? :"What are the long term effects of treatment?"
2.to Double Dose ~ I'm 3rd generation to have liver disease in my family...father & grandfather both died from alcoholic induced liver disease...I stopped drinking alcohol when my dad died from his liver disease, thinking I didn't want to be part of anything that could effect my life like that...Ironic in that at the time I was already infected with hcv, but not diagnosed.
I believe my family has a genetic flaw with our livers, that's just the way it is...and in that I gave up drinking and still caught liver disease is the joke on me (however good for my liver) lol We deal with what life gives us in different ways.... I did extra treatment thinking I'd never have to treat again and so far that's been the case.As I said I tx twice....52 weeks of mono interferon, and 52 weeks of the old combo and have been undetected ever since...Thanks to my *higher ups*~lol
Now I just wanna get past this divorce with a fair ending, that's all...
3.Revenire...Thank you and all of you for an incredible amount of information... I'll check those links out after work today.
Poz
Hi, that's interesting that you mentioned a genetic link to liver disease.  I am being treated at Duke and they are getting ready to do a study of blood of Hep C patients and their families to see if there is a genetic link why some people contract it and others don't.
Pam
Hey guys....how you doing?  did they find a cure while I was on vacation?

Can someone catch me up to any important SVRs and stuff that I missed in the last week?  I missed being on here SO MUCH - I can't tell you how many times I thought of you guys.  I really can't. It provided a great conversation with my daughter though...how something that sounds so ludicrous can really mean so very MUCH - and you guys sure do.

I hope you all were healthy and happy and enjoyed the 4th.

Now DISH!
Beagle alt's and ast's are in the teens so he's been as happy as a mutt could be. He's been woried about ya, told him you were on vacation since you would only have 3 days to use. He said he would be back wed.

Besides that same crazy place. Oh and hello and welcome new person.
Who you miss the most?
Hey Nygirl,

Hope you had a fun vacation. Did you go anywhere exciting. I am taking mine the first week of August.  I can't wait!

Hi Can-Do-Man,

How are you doing?

Pam
Im doing ok thanks........... you said.........Hope you had a fun vacation. Did you go anywhere exciting. I am taking mine the first week of August. I can't wait!

Kinda short notice you give me there. But i'll be ready to go. BTW where is it were going?

Remember a smile a day keeps the doctor away.
I slept and slept and slept and then I took a nap.  And then I had a couple fudgicles and went back to sleep. And then I took another nap.

Ah.....just what I wanted to do since I was diagnosed. It felt so GREAT.

But oddly, I'm no less tired right now then I was before!

I missed you guys a LOT.  And of course CanDoMan...I missed your hugs the most :)
We are going to the beach for a week.  Come on....bring your bike and your boogie board, too.

Pam
Second week in August, we are going here http://www.ncwaterfalls.com/sliding_rock1.htm
You will need to bring a tent to that one.
Hey. Glad your back. You were well missed. There was alot of crying and the gnashing of teeth for the first couple of days and we had to slap can-do around a little bit but other than that....

I'm watching CNN coverage of the building on 62nd street that exploded. What a mess.

Mark
Welcome back girl! We missed you. I had my PCR at 101/2 weeks and am UND! So I am happy it's working. We are going to Jamacia saturday.
We are going to Jamacia saturday.

OK, what time we leaving? And will i be back in time to go with doglover28?
hi there. i lived in brevard and asheville for over 10 years. ex-father-in-law has a big farm up there. beautiful. love sliding rock! be careful 'cuz that water is F-reezing! my son jumped in and lost his breath. (it was funny but it wasn't for a second or two). if you come on down the road towards waynesville Looking Glass falls is on your right as well. anyway. have a great time.  tracy
Yes, I am traveling with 2 shots of INF and the beloved Riba. I wish the doc would give me the neupogen to take, but he won't. So I am going to have to bite the bullet and get the shot "to fill my tank" for two weeks. The good thing about these pegalated drugs is they keep me going for about 3 weeks. The Neulasta bone pain lasts for 10 days though. Maybe not this time, I hope. I don't remember it being so bad the first time. Perhaps it was because I took the Aranesp and Neulasta the same day?

Any hints for traveling with the INF?
Good to hear about the und.  Has to be a relief before you head off to Jamaica. Who ended up paying for that pcr and what sensitivity was it?
Some prior MH experiences post tx:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hepatitis/messages/35758.html

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Hepatitis/messages/37373.html

http://www.natap.org/2004/HCV/120304_01.htm

http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/ct/gui/show/NCT00188201?order=5

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/493202_print
Hi Tracy!

We are staying at a campsite in Brevard.  I love it up there.  We went last year, and you are right...the water temp is 47 degrees.  It is so refreshing.  We stopped at looking glass falls, too.

We also went to Dupont Forest.  They have several falls, and some great bike trails.  The film "the last of the Mohicans" was filmed in Dupont forest.

That must have been fun living up there.

Pam
Jamaica, Queens? or the REAL Jamaica? It is going to be HOTT! in either place, but the latter one can be burning hot!
Hey have a blast. have one for me too!   t.
will do.  That will be my last trip before starting tx.  Biopsy is two weeks from today.  Not worried though
Sure we will back on july 30th, so you may be able to make Doglovers trip too!

Flguy:
Check out July 6th Am I Und? Can't understand labs. Help!

I had the weirdest lab report. Still not sure what the hell it means. But the doc said I am undectable and I didn't have to go get another PCR. So the ins. paid and I just am getting the one. I would like to have the more sensitive one, but maybe later I will ask.

Now I am just fretting over getting that darn Neulasta shot for the trip. Also need the Aranesp. I am thinking maybe I should space them a day apart. They just about did me in last time. I am starting to become breathless again, so the counts must be going down. I don't want to be in the REAL Jamicia or the FAKE Jamacia and need those rescue drugs. That would not be fun!
If I were heading on an active vacation I'd make sure that I had as close to a full hgb tank as possible.  So, if you and doc are on the fence for Procrit or Aranesp, err on the side of caution and go for it.  As for the neulasta, neupogen was never effective for LESS than a week for me. If in fear of the 'lasta sides you could go for the neup and have less of a chance to effect the vaca with 'lasta sides.  Does the vaction timing require you to travel with an IFN injection set?
hey me and you are gonna have to go somewhere dammit. the most exciting trip i make is to the bathroom. :(    t.
I haven't traveled with the meds, but many others here have. Need a way to keep the injectables chilled and I think many folks travel with a doc's letter or at least rx copies.  I can't imagine sitting on a Jamaica beach enjoying a beautiful Carribbean sunset and then being reminded 'hey, time to hit myself with the Peg'.  Some things are just incongruous.  Sounds like fun!
I hate incongruous things. If I've said it once , I've said it twice , incongruous really hacks me off. So does the thought of bringing my millstone on vacation with me. I guess its better than no vacation at all , isn't it.

sfgirl , I really dont know how your going to handle the sun. I've been a sun worshiper all my life and have that complexion that really soaks up the sun well. Not anymore. Just being out for 15 minutes set my rash off again and I picked up a couple of new spots in the deal. Be careful.

You guys have a nice day...
Yes, it will be really special to be on the beach with my ice chest of shots. I have warned hubby this is going to be a different trip. Sitting at the pool bar with a bowl of ice cream playing drinking games will be thrilling!

I will especially enjoy showing off bruises, red eyes, and my sheep white skin on the nude beach. I haven't had my hair roots colored or my nails done since before tx. My hair stands straight up. Oh well, so be it. Actually there is a woman that goes every year that is married to a Dr. She had hep A one year (cleared but sick after 6 months) So she was in bed at 8pm, drank water etc. I am glad she will be there this year too.

I have been very slowly getting a base tan at the tanning salon. So far, so good. I thought I was itching on my stomach yesterday, but it is gone. Projection? I am going to be careful.

I am going for the pegalated Aranesp and Neulasta. Dr. is pretty adamant about doing these. When I get back perhaps I can change that awful Neulasta.
The way you describe yourself people may think you're a rock star. Tell Keith I said hello.
Yeah, that's the ticket! I'll claim to be a rock star. No will know the difference. Too bad I know a lot of the people that go there this time of year and they know me.

I just had a facial and wax. The woman said, "boy you have a lot of hair on your face!" Geez, another sx of tx? I felt like she ripped off my face by the time I was done.

Now not only do you have the above description, I am the bearded lady!