Hepatitis C Community
cough

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

cough

I'm in my 19th week of triple tx for 48 weeks, now all of a sudden I have this persistent cough! It keeps my husband and I wake, once I start coughing I can't stop.  Is this ANOTHER side effect. I did take some cough drops but they didn't help much,  plus they burned the He** out of my mouth.  Anybody have any suggestions?
I think its a sx of the riba....drink lots of water, ask doc what you can take for it.  
I was on inf and RIBA and developed a cough that I still have at 16 weeks post treatment. It was better when I was in a humid location like the coast

Try a cough suppressant but check with your doc first. I just put up with it, but it wasn't as bad ad yours

Rk
I also had an annoying cough while on tx. There were a couple of weeks when it was so persistant, I couldn't swim ' cause I was coughing under water. I hope it lets up, as it did for me. After that it was there but not so bad.
I'm about 18 weeks post treatment and it seems like my body is still purging all the residual congestion. Suck on some ginger candies, it helps the stomach and the cough too.
C
Hi my hubby got one and hep doc said it side effects from riba but he gave him short course of antibiotics to be on save side. Have a quick word with your doc. Good luck