Hepatitis C Community
cryptogenic hepatitis

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

cryptogenic hepatitis

This is a reply to the answer provided to me previously by the HFHS doctor.
Yes, I would really like to try a different doctor - preferably a hepatologist. Previously, I had gone to a gastro doctor and was not satisfied. The doctor was just not interested in finding out cause and once the liver panel was back to normal told me that it had "resolved itself, and that 10% or more of patients have undiagnosed liver disease - that it was probably nothing and it went away". I just don't buy it.
I live in the Detroit area suburbs - 1/2 hour from downtown. Thanks for the advice. You have been very (VERY!) helpful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------