Hepatitis C Community
cryptogenic hepatitis

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

cryptogenic hepatitis

I was diagnosed with cryptogenic hepatitis after two episodes of acute hepatitis in the last three years. Both times I ended up in liver failure . I'm seeing a liver specialist next week and am not sure what questions I should be asking him. My liver enzymes were , ALK Phos 230 ,GGT 182 , ALT 50 and AST 94. Any help would be appreciated.
                                Thanks J
Sorry, don't mean to post on this thread but did not want to take up space posting a question as someone else may need it.  Going to the doc today to get update on bloodwork.  He said my enzymes are VERY high.  I will post them when I get the results.  Rather nervous today.  Have not been feeling very good, hair still falling out (remember I have not started treatment yet)very sluggish, liver is hurting like hell, just sucks to be me right now.  Want to go home and sleep.  I went to the dentist last week for a tooth ache, she gave me penecillian, that night broke out in rash all over my body (never allergic reaction before).  Stopped taking it and she put me on a Z pack (cortizone)which stopped the iching and they started going away.  Have not taken anymore antibiotics although had another breakout last night.  Hopefully doc can shed some light as to WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON W/ME!  I am just hating all this!

Hope everyone one is having a great day, perhaps I will be in a better mood after doc visit, sure I will boohoo...........
Avatar n tn
Didn't want you to get lost in all the high drama today.   Sounds like the virus baring its teeth--nasty little barracuda, isn't it?  Try to curl up with a heating pad and rest as much as you can.
sorry you have not gotten a response, I have no idea what this illness is, and is possibly the reason others here have for not answering.  I would do a web search for the illness, learn about the tests, medications, prognosis, and treatments available and base my questions on those. Have you been tested for viral hepatitis?
best to  you.
Avatar n tn
Sometimes when you have an allergic reaction to something, it (the rash) will reappear several times even after what causes it has been taken away until it is all out of your system.

Let us know what the dochad to say today.

Good luck to you!
Avatar n tn
   Thanks for your comment on my diagnosis. I was just researching on cryptogenic hepatitis when I saw your post.From some of my reading I'm seeing cryptogenic and seronegative AIH intermixed so this gives me some clues as to what to ask the doctor.
                       Thanks so much J.
Dee1956 commented on meegWpaw's status
Dee1956 commented on meegWpaw's status
Dee1956 commented on Jade59's status
Aug 23
Track your weight over time