Hepatitis C Community
cured??

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

cured??

Hi everyone...i am week 9 on incievek and have had every side effect and invented new ones too. I just now signed up really needing to feel like someone out there knows what happens post triple therapy...anyone get cured after putting yourself thru this???
Thanks!!!!
Tags: incievek, Cure, hepc cure, rash, Depression
Hi and welcome.  Lots of people are being cured by triple treatment.  Many people log on to the Hepatitis C Social Forum to confirm to everyone they
have achieved SVR (cured).   Having no viral load 6 months after finishing treatment is cured (incivek.com).  I survived incivek treatment and it's a tough treatment.   It's gets better when you get off the incivek at 12 weeks.  You don't feel like a slave to pills and eating fat.  Hang in there.  Many members on the forum can tell you about the ends and outs of incivek because many of us have had the experience.  If you have questions about your symptoms...ask!!  Members here are willing to help you get though this. It's hard to do this without support so you have come to the right place.  Again...
hang in there....yes many people have been cured.  

Cured!
Welcome to the forum.

Hang in there with the side effects. I know they can be very miserable. Most of the worst side effects can be treated with medications (rash, anal/rectal issues, nausea, low hemoglobin, low neutrophils, low platelets, etc.). If you have specific side effects that you need help with alleviating, let us know and we will respond. There are many of us who did treatment with Incivek and we know how to alleviate the worst side effects.

Most of us who treated with Incivek attained SVR (sustained virologic response) (cure).

I treated with Incivek, Interferon, and Ribavine starting in Sept. 2011. I did 48 weeks because I was still Detectable at week 4. However, I still attained SVR so I am now cured.

Were you Undetectable at week 4? If so, you have an excellent chance at attaining SVR. However, even if you were still Detectable at week 4, you still have a very good chance at SVR.

One forum member kept some statistics on many of us who started triple medication treatment in 2011. She put them on spreadsheets. If you go to her profile and click on the white pages, you can see all of the people who attained SVR. The treatment end results are on the right hand side of the page. In addition, she noted liver fibrosis stage, genotype, previous treatment, what drugs were used, how long we treated, worst side effects, etc.  Here is a link to her profile page. You can see that most of us attained SVR.

http://www.medhelp.org/personal_pages/user/223152

This is a good forum. Visit often for help with side effects or just moral support. Plus, there is a wealth of information about Hepatitis C and  treatment on the forum. Let us know how you do.

Best of luck.
Yo Rocky! hang in there my man,3 more wks of the fat consumption,a few wks after that for some of your side effects to get better (not all) but I admire your dedication (or is it insanity! lol) I did Incivek when it first came out and now am a year and a half SVR! my tx went the full 48 wks and it was rough,like you I had every s/x listed, But I made it! I gathered my strength by knowing I went undetectable in 4 wks(after not responding to 2 other treatments) and helping newbies on forums like this, found if I got my attention off my woes and helping others it made time and treatment more bearable, so keep your head up,you can do this! and before you know it you'll be looking back and wondering, how'd I do that! this treatment is very hardy,with very low relapse especially for those that went undetectable in 4 wks and remained so the remainder of treatment. Good luck to you my friend,get ready for your new life.....virus free!
Thank you for the support...Just a comfort knowing u r there!!! Yes I was undetected at week 4 ...I guess it is the fact that each day has brought something different..not pleasant, 11 more weeks total and I have learned to laugh and cry (bawl like a baby actually!!) I always considered myself to be positive and strong...WOW..a run for my $...thanks for getting rockybalboa off the ropes!!!!  
I went thru it and am svr.  Yes it was rough but im still here.  You might want to read my journal. Even though  I had every side in the book also.  Your almost done with the most difficult part of the treatment.  Then you'll settle in for the rest of it.  Hope you only have to do 24 wks.  best wishes!
Oh I was cutting in there to say you might want to read my journal  even though, and hit send....  So As I was saying,   Even though... I had every side in the book, there was some hilarious moments for me that I will never forget .Im glad I kept a journal!
stilltrying1965 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
17 mins ago
Dee1956 "Be kind, for everyone you ... Comment
1 hr ago
10356 commented on dominosarah's status
Track your weight over time