cymbalta and hep c
anyone have any experience with cymbalta
I have taken cymbalta for a few years now w/great results...I am currently on treatment and was taking 60 mg a day but had to be bumped up to 90 mg a day at week 23 due to depression ( I am diagnosed biopolar)...think it's a great med--and it has helped already w/the depression just in the past few weeks..

Hope this info helps.
Dorsey
Cymbalta is contraindicated for those with liver diseases.

Hepatitis C is a LIVER DISEASE.

I think it would vary between levels of fibrosis/cirrhosis/tumors or damage due to HCV - however, those who have or have HCV should be CLOSELY monitored on Cymbalta.

I was originally prescribed this by my Internist for Neuropathy - but when I went to pick up the prescription at the pharmacy - my pharmacist said "this isn't really a good idea"... And we researched it.

(I HAVE AN EXCELLENT PHARMACY - BTW)

I called back the doctor and we discussed alternative options.

Check into ANY medication prior to taking it.

Meki

any idea what is safe for depression.  tried wellbutrin felt ok for first 2 weeks then definitely felt it messing up my liver. Need my brain to wake up and reduce pain. i am also taking prednisone.  high
rhumatoidal factors since doing the treatment for 11 weeks in 2005 before stoping.
Those 11 weeks created more problems for me. thyroid and low cortisol.  unable to create
acth.  now i am in a steroid night mare.  pretty desperate when you know how really bad all  this stuff is for you especially on top of hep c.  It's getting harder and harder to led a normal funcitoning type of life.  Howz about the no sleep. any tips for that.
Its almost a given that any drug is contraindicated in people with liver diseases. If you swallow the drug, which is what you're normally instructed to do, then the first place it goes to is your liver. I am also a pharmacist, but have had the misfortune of contracted this disease, I can tell you  anything you take is going to the liver.
      During my tx I did try Cymbalta and it didn't work. I was hoping it would help with the pain in addition to antidepression effect. Actually the one I found to be of real help was Effexor. Trouble with Effexor is, it is difficult to get off of.
      Good luck Red
Thanks for answering, Red.  How did the treatment go for you?  Any other conditions as
a result of the treatment?
i am so sick now and haven't been to gastro in 3 yrs because afraid to try treatment again.
I was a good responder but I feel like my brain is not the same.  I'm not afraid to go thru all the side effects of treatment.  I'm more afraid of after effects.  How you doing?  

boochay
a result of the treatment?

boochay
Hi Red, i was wondering how you were doing. i haven't been on board for almost a year.
how is it al going for you?
I am trying to get off prednisone and oxy at the moment.  I been on 20mg prednisone for a year. Is there another form of prednisone that would be less harmful to liver. I got down to
15 mg for about a month now but feel like hell but not as bad as I did when i firs dropped the dose.  My oxy intake has gone from 2.5 to 5 mg for bad pain days  maybe 6to 10 dys out of a month to 10mg 3 time a day. I was having relationship problems and started taking the oxy.  Now I am crawling around  trying to take half the amount of oxy. i will be 54 next week and have had this since either 1974 or 1980.

how did the treatment work out for you?
I was a poor responder. The treatments are poison! I don't think I'll ever be the same. Was on it for 3 mos. Even off of it landed in the hospital for 10 days. Ridiculous! I'm being prescribe Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia but I think its just another Pfizer set-up... Jannie