Hepatitis C Community
dont mean to offend anyone

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

dont mean to offend anyone

just was wondering if someone could answer a few questions i dont mean to offend anyone but i dont know  alot a about hep c..i went to a friends house a week ago she has hep c..she helped me colour my hair after the colouring she helped me rinse my hair then i had a shower ..after i got out of the shower i blew my nose with toilet paper and i got a bit of a nose bleed  she grabed a cloth so i could wipe my nose im not sure if it was a clean cloth or maybe a used one from the bath room..i used water from the sink tap and toilet paper afterwards to clean my nose then dryed my face on the towel that was hanging on the door also i did have my finger in my nose to check if it was still bleeding..i didnt want to ask my friend if i was put at any risk as not to insult her..i know its ok to eat any food or drink she makes but just wondering if this senario is worth testing for  also i used her bar soap and hand cream on my face..
"just wondering if this senario is worth testing for"

NO

Transmission / Exposure

How is Hepatitis C spread?
Hepatitis C is usually spread when blood from a person infected with the Hepatitis C virus enters the body of someone who is not infected. Today, most people become infected with the Hepatitis C virus by sharing needles or other equipment to inject drugs. Before 1992, when widespread screening of the blood supply began in the United States, Hepatitis C was also commonly spread through blood transfusions and organ transplants.

People can become infected with the Hepatitis C virus during such activities as
•Sharing needles, syringes, or other equipment to inject drugs
•Needlestick injuries in health care settings
•Being born to a mother who has Hepatitis C

Less commonly, a person can also get Hepatitis C virus infection through
•Sharing personal care items that may have come in contact with another person’s blood, such as razors or toothbrushes
•Having sexual contact with a person infected with the Hepatitis C virus

Who is at risk for Hepatitis C?

Some people are at increased risk for Hepatitis C, including
•Current injection drug users (currently the most common way Hepatitis C virus is spread in the United States)
•Past injection drug users, including those who injected only one time or many years ago
•Recipients of donated blood, blood products, and organs (once a common means of transmission but now rare in the United States since blood screening became available in 1992)
•People who received a blood product for clotting problems made before 1987
•Hemodialysis patients or persons who spent many years on dialysis for kidney failure
•People who received body piercing or tattoos done with non-sterile instruments
•People with known exposures to the Hepatitis C virus, such as
◦Health care workers injured by needlesticks
◦Recipients of blood or organs from a donor who tested positive for the Hepatitis C virus
•HIV-infected persons
•Children born to mothers infected with the Hepatitis C virus

Less common risks include:
•Having sexual contact with a person who is infected with the Hepatitis C virus
•Sharing personal care items, such as razors or toothbrushes, that may have come in contact with the blood of an infected person

http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/C/cFAQ.htm
no you cantso chill out you have nothing to worry about.
I've had hep c for 15 years. its actually quite difficult to contract unless your sharing needles!! even through having sex it's highly unlikely. I hope you've read hrsepwrguy's post in detail and educated yourself. If you still have concerns you should speak to your friend or break up the friendship. In my own experience there's nothing worse than one of your friends treating you differently. Also just to give you an idea of how difficult it is to contract - i've had 3 children since contracting hep c, all 3 completely different labours - all gruesome and very bloody, 1 c-section, all breastfed - not one of them has contracted hep c from me.
breaking up a friendship over my phobia would be horrible. i guess im the one with the problem thanks for all the advice god bless you all and keep you healthy