Hepatitis C Community
ear pain

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

ear pain

I know tx can cause ear problems and I would like to hear from any of you that experiences this and describe how it felt. Was it constant, did it go away after tx, where was the pain if any, was your hearing affected, etc? I started having this, (along with the severe headaches I've had for a month) and wonder if it's tx related or something else. I had corrective TMJ surgery years ago but this seems a different pain. Any responses will be appreciated.
Britgirl, didn't you have this? I hope everyone is well. I'm not posting much support these days becasue I'm having problems but I wish you all the best.
Hope your well Dallas and TnHG. I wish you would come back. LL
I have not experienced the ear problems but my husband has ongoing ear problems for now about a month. He keeps having problems with sinus drainage that gets infected and then few weeks ago...went to his ears.  First he had severe earaches and we went back and forth to drs 3 times...Now the pain is gone but he has plugged up ears and its so annoying.  I feel bad for him because he can't hear very well.  Anyway...the dr said if it persists probably then will have to get it lanced.  I don't know and we both are afraid that this whole year...he is going to have this sinus drainage off and on and then going to ears.  As far as headaches...Yes I get those off and on and called dr and he prescribed a pain killer for when it gets really bad.  I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time and hope things let up for you awhile!!
I don't exactly have ear pain but my ears (especially my right ear) seems to stop up more since tx.  Could be sinus related or tx related but I've just been living with it.  I usually am more vigilant with the humidifier when my ears are stopped up....it's very annoying.

As for the headaches, mine would turn into mild migraines or at least last for several days at a time.  My doc prescribed Imitrex and that has really worked for me.  

If you find out anything on your ears and earpain, please let us know.  I'll be very interested to know what's causing it.

Good luck with everything.
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I have had shooting pains in the area between my jaw and ear (both sides) off and on.  They come and go very quickly and leave me feeling like I've just been hit with something.  Very intense.  I've had swollen glands in my neck just below my ears for the last couple of weeks and I think it's because my immune system is not quite able to to do it's job.  My WBC has been low for the last several weeks.  I'm hoping the ear pains go away when I'm done with tx on March 26 (I did 22/24 on Friday).  I hope you feel better soon, caruu
Yeah, I had a lot of ear pain, always in the left one, it was hot and itchy but not infected, according to the doctor. It stopped producing wax too. Anyway, it has got a lot better since I finished tx, but is still not perfect. I got a lot of ringing in my ears too, which has also lessened but is not perfect! I was sent to the hospital for an MRI scan and a hearing test 6 months post-tx; MRI scan normal, hearing loss (slight) in left ear. It seems to be a "documented side effect" of tx.
Hi friends! Just got back from a grueling week of testing. This most recent sonogram came in with a smooth liver where mine from Dec. called it coarse liver. They also found 3 polips now instead of 1 from the old doc. (The one I fired) I will be dispensed by CareMark for my Peg-Intron and Rebatol. Either starting this week or next but off to see the Wizard!!!! Just wanted to leave this info 'cause I may be limited to internet service out in the country where I will be staying. I love ALL of you guys on this board and ask that you keep me in your prayers. I will try to keep posting when I can. I just got off the hiway from 5 hours in the saddle and I'm beat. Sweet dreams.
Your Texas hepper pal ~Neal~
Is your e-mail available on medhelp's list?  Tn could not find it and neither could I.  If you wish to keep it private, my name is in the contact patient list and I will forward it.  contact me one way or another, I would appreciate it.
be well
Hey..Great to hear from ya!! I hope all goes well with you starting the tx up and my prayers are with ya!  Going to be a country boy huh?  LOL  Try to keep us posted on how you are doing.  God Bless!!
Stay strong & good luck.
Hey gal, My hubby will be on call, starting tonite. You might not see me much.....prayers will be with all...Much love, Cindee
Howdy Partner...you will be fine. A house in the country? Enjoy the quiet pleasures and spring time comming and let us know how you're doing any chance you get.Tracer just started..2 shots down. Maybe you can keep track of each other.You take care neighbor. We are already up in the 90's. How is the weather in TX? Take care, kim
(((((HUGS)))))  Where have you been???  And then you came in end of thread just like you had been here all along...LOL   How have you been feeling?  I have been hoping that you are not under weather lately!
I'm glad you've decided to stay after all.

be well
I'm glad you're here too!
Thank you for the replies. My ear pain has increased and now I do think it may be a TMJ problem. It's now seeming very familiar now that it's so painful in certain areas. It would explain why my severe haedaches have lasted so long. I've booked a docs appt to have this checked out. It could still be the tx but now that it's unfolding I think it's my jaw. I had an accident years ago and had my joint repaired twice. I knew eventually I would need more repairs. I just wonder if the speedy tenseness of tx brought that time up quicker. Guess I'll never know. If it's what I think they will do repairs pretty quickly. Of coarse it will be an insurance nightmare. Anyone have surgery on tx????
Welcome back my friends and thank again everyone for your support. LL
I am listed on medhelp patients now.
Hey there Lady...when you going to be in the big H?
hey girl...it's about time you showed up!!!!!I missed you and I must of missed a bunch of stuff cause all of a sudden people were gone and someone someone said that you had said your good-byes and (I have to stop here and laugh...all of a sudden I get this mental picture of 3 characters strolling down a brick road chanting (very much afraid of course) "Lions and Tigers and Bears....Oh MY!!!") ...anyway I thought that you were gone for some reason and I was about to pannic.

You are a ray of sunshine for so many people here and you must never let anyone push you away from this board again.(does this remind you of another time???) I bet some of those PERFECT oldies know what I mean!!! You know, back when only SERIOUS STUFF was discussed on this forum...hahahahah. I am sorry, I'm sure that in those days things like.....Oh let's see....badgers/balm...and...getting ran over by TRUCKs...and...whether or not it was OK to color your hair.....and..... beautifully sexy advice was NEVER given... about how to take care of those precious petals on the SOUTH LAWN ....never...no never discussed. No things were way to serious back then....And back then when things were perfect...and only sharing information(oh and support)...there was NEVER a case of RIBA RAGE...and people always got along...No one ever got mad because people weren't spelling words correctly...OH no...especially not the word lose...or was it loose....heavens NO...that never Happened...Oh and back then.......let's see...I bet newbies were never AFRAID to post cause they were afraid they might make a mistake or use too many threads..... all of us had to learn forum ettiquette)...that some RIBARAGED oldie would pitch them in the fire with the dragon......NO... that never happened......Oh and since this forum used to be sooooo serious.....we NEVER had whole threads talking about the silly things that happened bcause of the FOG.....like when MAJ accidently flashed her neighbors while out getting her mail...(of course this never happened...hahahah)

It almost sounds like this was NEVER a place where a terrified newbie came... deperate... for a connection with another person who could UNDERSTAND this whole HEPC nightmare.....or that there never was a special person who welcomed that newbie by introducing her to the forum and the persona of the newbies, oldies, and those wonderful heppers who resided in the clouds cause they had achieved SVR....tipping cows and waiting for Indy to come and join them.....If it wasn't for these things...that I MUST HAVE IMAGINED.......I could never have opened up with, cried, laughed, empathised, learned, and loved...or shared my deepest fears....successes...and failures with.....

Please tell me, Dallas......I didn't imagine all of compassion, laughter, sharing of knowledge and insight. I think some people must remmember how things USED to be.....in the days of the OLD BOARD....differently......cause I thought that when I found this forum...it was the OLD board....and if it would have been all clinical and sterile here...I might never have come back...If someone hadn't caught my attention with a bit of Hepper Mythology...I might not be here today....and then I would never have met so many wonderful people...people who truly care about HELPING others...people like you, Dallas... and many others....
am I the only one who remembers things this way? kim
I am truly sorry if I was untactful....I am just starting to become disheartened by all of this discussion about old and new. I am sure their will always be a continious flow of people through this forum....people who have different beliefs, values, backgrounds and cultures, there is always bound to be some kind of dissagreements and debates....it's perfectly normal with such diversity....and should be appreciated and respected as long as it is not hurtful to others. We all come here because of our commonality in HepC. We all have different needs we hope to have met here...information, comraderie, compassion ...from my heart, kim
The next time you decide to leave..please take my e address with you and keep in touch...I treasure your friendship. kim
Geeze Kimmy.........In the "Old Days" we NEVER laughed. I cannot even imagine who would have DARED to talk about Badgers and Bikes and Balm and Cow Tipping and(your favorite) The South Lawn. We ALWAYS put on our ties and dresses and sat around and talked about nothing but Hep C. My dress never did fit right.....and the shoes that went with it were HORRIBLE.
To sit around and talk about nothng but HCV and the meds can get pretty old pretty quickly. It's that personal touch that makes this place work,
I can't imagine WHO would dare to talk about all that extra stuff. Perhaps we should hire a Private **** to track them down.
He may need to investigate all that stuff though. It could get dicey when he gets to the South lawn.
>>>>>>> Indiana.......Private Eye  <<<<<<<<< (My new job)
Thanks for your support honey...check your mail for the my real expression.L, kim