Hepatitis C Community
ears

A community of people with Hepatitis C to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: diagnosis, current treatments, side effects, research studies, and clinical trials. To communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit Hepatitis Social.

ears

Hi everyone, I have had ringing in the ears for a year before I treated and some vertigo from time to time. Mostly when I was trying to quit smoking the patch made it worse. I started treatment of peg and ribiviran last september and treated 9 months I had to quit treatment due to the side's. I did what I could. well it has been 4 weeks and I feel real good now. but my ears are starting to ring again. is this from the Hep C? Has anyone experienced this? I only had 30,000 viral load and a stage one with type 1a. My doctor said I still have a good chance its gone but my ears are ringing all over again im woried.
Avatar n tn
Did you ask your Doc about it? Maybe you have an inner ear infection or possibly wax build-up??? My brother had vertigo and his Doc seemed to think it was because of major wax build-up. After he cleaned his ears out the sx. eased off. It's worth looking into.....good luck.
Avatar n tn
i have had ringing-esp when smoking and off& on all during trx...i think it's result of lowered oxygen in blood and therefore in my brain!....ahhhh the fog thickens& i can't even remember the plot.
Nan, Looked for an email and didn't see one. Also, don't have your addy. How about dropping me a line?
I have had constant ringing, and sinus pain since I finished my treatment. Docs say I have sinusitis, but I think there must be a connection to the treatment or the disease itself. The docs just don't know evrything.
The outside of my right ear itches me like crazy and has for the majority of tx.  Sometimes I scratch it so much it turns bright red - my doctor found nothing wrong with it at all of course.....but it drives me MAD!

And it's only the right one and it has no riba bumps nothing. I figure I'm just destined to look more and more freakish as time goes by...God love this disease LOL
I had very mild ringing in my ears periodically before TX.  During TX, I had severe ringing in my ears (I attributed it to the Riba but I was anemic too) and the severe ringing is still there now, 3 weeks after TX.  I can't stand to be in a really quiet place--the ringing drives me crazy!

I believe that this ringing is listed on the drug side effects for Riba.  It's one of the less common side effects (I think).
I've had an itchy ear since this last treatment.  I had the doctor check it and the nurse cleaned it out, but it's still itching.  I don't know if the treatment had any bearing on this or not.  Now that I'm off treatment, with a period of time for the drugs to clear out, hopefully, my ear will return to normal.

Susan
Every time I stop treatment, I end up with either a bad cold or sinus infection.  Is that strange or what?

Susan
10356, and Dee1956 commented on VICourageous's status
Sep 24
10356, and Dee1956 commented on dominosarah's status
Sep 24
Track your weight over time