Hepatitis C Community
emotional

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

emotional

This may be a woman thing - but I started on Friday with my first shot - got through it and was actually feeling well today, tired from the last days of flu symptoms but basically feeling good.  But by dinnertime I've become a teary mess and feel pretty sorry for myself, eyes are sore, almost feel strained. Normal?
Yep, sounds normal to me...lol. I posted about my second or third week about crying episodes...I cried at funny old Roger Miller songs, commercials, you name it...and hate to say it but still do quite often. Its either tears like a river, or just "weepy". My daughter told me I reminded her of bieng pregnant...or even worse..LOL. But just so you know, this stuff can mess with any chemical imbalance you may have had in the past also. I see a psychiatrist this week for the mood swings that I have been having...make sure your Dr. knows all about this. And remember, I have heard alot of folks talk about all the moodiness they experience on tx...YOUR NOT ALONE IN THIS!!!
OH....just incase...
and also,if you feel AT ALL suicidal, that is a medical emergency. Call 911 right away, and/or go to the emergency room! A special prayer for you tonight sweety. Mkeela
The emotional thing comes and goes a little for me, but NOTHING like when I was menopausal. Are you? It could be exasperated if you are.

I do get the strained eye thing. My eyes, nose and mouth seem dry. My eyes hurt and seemed strained. I haven't found a good moisterizer for the eyes yet. I think the tx does dry us out, that is why it's easy for me to drink lots of water, cuz' my mouth is so dry.

Unless, your eyes hurt from crying...could be the stress from this tx and hep c, or you need an AD.

Hey, welcome to the tx train! Hope we get to know one another on the forum.

Linda
What your are going through is normal and your not alone.  We have all been there so don't worry.  Just know you can come here to vent and we will always listen and try and help.

Beagle
Thanks all - I don't feel suicidal at all -although menopausal and diabetic (sugars going a little nuts) - with the fever I was up and down.  But I'm just pitty potty - very teary - and the drying out is probably the cause of the eyes feeling dry and burning - trying to drink a lot, but comforting to know - first that I'm normal and not imagining a lot of it but that there's someone actually gets it.  Kyle (female Kyle)
Oh lawd I was watching Terms of endearment yesterday , and i started crying before the half way mark, wasnt even close to her finding out about breast cancer, and i swear i cried all the rest of the way through and it wasnt just teary, it was all and out blubber baby at sometimes, every once in a while my lil 6yrold would run in and tell me its allright momma its not real!!! These meds really freakout your hormones....
Pity pot and weepy was my biggest sx when menopausal. I would cry at anything and everything. I cried if my daughter left to go to the store, or the mailman didn't bring me anything. My husband would laugh at me. Then I would have to laugh and cry some more. Thankfully this was short lived when I went on hormones. I stopped after a couple years and have no problem with the hormones now. I am not sure about those w/ tx.

Yes, you are normal. The dryness doesn't seem to let up for me. My eyes seem to be the most annoying. Lot's of water doesn't seem to help with this for me though. Also use  oil or moisturizer on your body when you shower or after, as we seem to get dry skin too.
Some one was posting the other day about eye dryness, they said it felt just like there was sand in their eyes.
That happened to me the other day and used some eye drops and went away. IT WAS SAND....
hi, you peaked my curiosity by your menopause story, how long did you go through this? what were some of your symptoms? I'm going though it now, it's good to know there is some end to this...you say it was worse then the sx from tx? wow...really interesting to me...thanks!!!!
They say that can make ya hornier than a nanny goat in spring.....
No, NO NO! Menopause was a cake walk compared to tx! The only sx I really had was not sleeping, weepy, weepy and weepy. I never had hot flashes until tx. I have 2 types of migraines, cluster and common. The common ones that I had over 15 days a month went away! When I was 35 I begged my neurosurgen to induce menopause...as it seems to rid us of them afterwards.

Menopause lasted about 3 years, give or take. Like tx, every woman has different sx. Mine were tolerable and I was REALLY happy to be rid of the migraines.
Sweetie...
That's actually pretty normal, & was one of my biggest SX's... If you weren't Diabetic, I'd suggest some ICE CREAM.... but I don't know much about sugars & diabetics... as in if you need more or less.... The Apple Dude Singing In That Haynes Underwear Comecial Used To Get Me All Teary...
Hang in there!
:)
I don't know about increased libido. I think you're gonna have to chase that nanny goat during your wifes menopause!

Everyone is different, just like some have increased libido on tx! But I think libido can be diminished during and after menopause. I have no idea if mine was menopause or the hep c.