fatty infiltration
Six months ago I was told that I had a fatty liver, after a sonogram and a elevated liver function test. After elimination of a prescription drug I was taking and quitting all alcohol, which wasn't very much anyway,  my last bloodwork came back with liver enzymes back to normal.  I asked the gastroenteroligist if that meant that my liver was back to normal.  He said that my test were back to normal but fatty liver never goes away.  I couldn't get a good explaination what he really meant by this. I have seen different articles on the internet that said after a period of avoiding the thing that cause the fatty liver that it should return to normal.  Does anyone have any idea what he meant by a fatty liver never going away, even though my blood test returned to normal?  I didn't have a sonogram again so he wouldn't know this from a sonogram.  Thanks ahead of time for any help with this question.
I just recently discovered "fatty infiltration of liver". Some of the qustions I would love to be answered to are:
1. How is the term related to fatty liver
2. How normal is fatty infitration of liver
3. How to detect it on sonogram
4. does this mean I have to cut down on alcohol consumption which has dropped down to a pint of beer per 10 days.

Anyways Shelly I will try to ask around for your problem. Good Luck for ur efforts to solve the mystery of 'fatty liver'
Shelly, to answer a few of your questions,
1. fatty infiltration of liver is the same thing as fatty liver, fatty liver can go by a bunch of different names. Fatty infiltration, fatty liver, nafls (non-alcoholic fatty liver syndrome), afls, etc.
2. according to the american college of gastroentology, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease affects approx. 20% of adults and 5% children.Mostly obese people, but there are plenty of other factors of course.
3. i don't know how it is detected on a sonogram, when i had my ultrasound i didn't get to see anything the dr just called and said you have fatty liver.
4. like they say any alcohol can affect fatty liver but i wouldn't think a pint every 10 days would hurt much. i probably drink abuot the same. In fact my dr never asked about alcohol consumption or said do not drink. i suppose it's half way emplide but i wouldn't say i drink enough to have to stop completely either.

Hope this helps,
Anthony
I was diagnosed with a fatty liver a couple of weeks ago and have had upper right quadrant pain and i beleive it was because of all the alcohol i consumed over the  years. my doctor gave me a test and my liver enzymes were a little elevated but he did seem to be worried about it but wants me to repeat the blood work in 3 months should i be worried that i may have hepatitis?