Hepatitis C Community
feeling sck at tummy

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

feeling sck at tummy

I have finished 24/24 weeks of treatment waiting  for blood work to come back praying still und. But last 2 or 3 days feel sick atummy and this awful taste remains in my mouth all the time.
Any one else have sick feeling but dont vomic.  or have any suggestions.
  Well, congrats on your Tx EOT!
I have been reading how other people here have been feeling, at their "end of treatment", and I have noticed one thing:  Many people, within 6 months post Tx, have had many different health problems, ones which they didn't have before, as in, infections, etc.
   One person had mentioned that they came down with a serious stomach ailment, which they called "C-Diff".  That's an abreviation, for a longer sounding disease, but you can google it, with that abrev.  It comes from not having a certain neccesary and friendly bacteria, in the stomach.  We have had low white (and red) blood cells, during Tx, so many parts of our body chemistry might be a bit "off".
   I have 6 more weeks of Tx to go, but went out and bought myself some chexable probiotics, which have helped my stomach lately. The product I use is froma co. called American Health, and it's called "Chewable Milk Free Acidophilus and Bifidum"  It promotes intestinal health, and microflora balance, plus it is a ymmy blueberry flavor, which encourages me to chew one, once a day.
   Any probiotic capsule will help, but I prefer the chewable stuff.  I also notice the bitter taste I get in my mouth, gets worse, when I eat onions. I think the bitter taste may get better in a week or two.  It is reommneded that women not get pregnant for 6 months post Tx, so that lets us know these chemicals linger.
  If your stomach keeps bothering you, even after the acidophilus, then you may have aquired an Acid reflux problem, or "Gird" (Gerd?).   That usually gets worse, after eating. They have a few good products, like Cimitidine, but check with your regular Doctor first.  
   The last thing you could do would be a "stool sample", to analyze, but I'm not sure if the people who analyze the samples do a thorough job : /
Unfortunately, the metallic taste may stay with you for a while.  Mine got noticeably better week 4 or so and was gone by week 5.  I did not have issues with nausea, but I remember it took a while for my appetite to return.  Probably coincided a bit with getting rid of the metallic taste. My immunity was not good for the first few months post, a good yogurt or the chews Bo mentioned my be a good idea.  If it persists or is severe you may wish to see your doc.

Great to hear you are done.  Recovery is a bit slow but its wonderful when you can start really enjoying life again.  
Congratulations on finishing.  Yes it does take some time to get better.  I ate yogurt just about every day to try and help with the stomach issues.  I chewed gum to help with the taste issues.
It will get better, everyone is different and it takes each of us differing amounts of time.  Try to keep drinking lots of water to flush your system.  Hang in there, it does improve every day.
Thanks , I ran a fever last night and have been really constipated the whole time was on the treatment and still am. I so looked forward to ending the meds and feeling better they  sure took lot out me. I thank you for your replys God bless you all