Hepatitis C Community
flu and hep c

This forum is for questions about medical issues and research aspects of Hepatitis C such as, questions about being newly diagnosed, questions about current treatments, information and participation in discussions about research studies and clinical trials related to Hepatitis. If you would like to communicate with other people who have been touched by Hepatitis, please visit our new Hepatitis Social/Living with Hepatitis forum

flu and hep c

I have hep c and have not been treated yet. I have had  the flu for 3 weeks and its not getting better if anything worse. Shoud i see a doctor? Can the this combonation cause any other illnesses?
Tags: hep c
Are you asking if HCV + untreated Flu can lead to another illness? Or perhaps progress into a worse one? If so, I am not sure but 3 Weeks is a long time.  I think you should see a doctor about the flu especially if you feel like you are getting worse.

Are you certain it is the flu: here are the symptoms:

Fever (38o to 40oC).
    Aching muscles and joints.
    Chest pains.
    Lack of appetite.
    Fatigue and weakness.
    A runny nose and sore throat.
    Dry cough.
    Restless sleep.
    Chills and shivering.
    Vomiting or diarrhea.

**Either way you probably ought to see a doctor and not let this linger. Take care♫

The only other illness caused from hep C is cirrhosis of the liver and related complications.  If you have hep C, do  not drink alcohol.

If I had the flu for 3 weeks I'd go to the doctor.
The flu usually lasts a week to ten days tops.

Dont think it has to do with you HCV but go to the doc!
If you've had HVC for a long time, it can compromise your immune system and infections are easier to catch and harder to shake off.   Get your doctor to treat you for the flu and run a full blood panel including liver counts so you can keep yourself across where you are with the HVC.